Profile picture for csu252

Need advice on how to find a realtor to sell my fixer upper fast and for a good price thanks.

I have a fixer upper home I would like to sell fast and for a good price.What is the best way to go about this would it be to get a good flat rate realtor who is listing focused or  just a listing focused agent? Please advise my on how to sell this property fast for most money and how to find a agent thanks.
  • June 16 2014 - Blackwell
  • 0

So I find that doing "interviews" with agents is the best way to be satisfied with finding the "right" Realtor. Ask your friends who they have used and were happy with. Be open about what is a realistic price for your property. This is why interviewing agents is a good idea. My current and past sellers have all interviewed several agents to find the right one. Fast in our market today depends on several factors. I am not going to bore you with a long email just a few words in hopes that it helps. Good Luck with whomever you go with. 

So my question is how fast is fast... and what is the good price? From my perspective the best way is to deal with a broker that does a lot of business with investors and is an investor himself. I invest in real estate as principal buyer and have resources to pay cash for homes or buy it on terms. You can contact me for specific transaction scenarios.

You have some important decisions to make and I say that because fast and fixer upper usually don't go along with getting the best offer.

1) Sell home fast, least amount of money.  Start calling these "we buy ugly houses" people and be prepared for the lowest offer imaginable.  They will buy your house and they will close on it quickly but this will get you the least amount of money because your expending the least amount of effort.

2) Sell home quickly, good amount of money.  Call several real estate offices/agents and make appointments for them to come to the property and bring recent sales info.  Have them give you a value of your house on the spot compared with their sold data.  Ask them what they would do if they were in your shoes.  Do not let any of them sign you up that day, they may try.  It is up to choose the one that will represent you the best and you feel you can work with.  DO NOT just pick the one who said your house is worth the most.  It is likely this person will never get this high amount.  

4) Sell home slower, most amount of money.  Get ready to do some homework, put out some effort and spend some money.  Interview your gents as in option #2.  Get them to tell you all the items in your house that need to be fixed from a buyers point of view.  Call a home inspector and tell them you'd like to a home pre-inspection.  We will develop a list of problems and you should consider fixing all of them.  Now your house is fixed up in terms of cosmetic and repairs.  Buyers will now be willing to spend more on your finished product than a fixer upper.

You can also stick a sign in front yard and throw up a listing on zillow For Sale By Owner.  There may also be a company in your area that puts your house on MLS for a flat fee.  They may even be able to price your house for you.  

suggest to get repair quotes to get a feel the total repair costs...

Selling a fixer upper for the right price and fast is an art that only a true professional agent who is very experienced can do. We specialize in such manners and work with national and international investors who buy fixer uppers as yours. Finding the buyer is important and negotiating the BEST price on your behalf is just as important. Feel free to look into myself/my firm to understand why so many choose us to sell their property. Let me know if you have any further questions that I can answer. 

Hello, I suggest you can either call your local real estate offices and ask a manager/broker to find a good fit for you or you can look online for a local realtor who works with investors, contractor specials homes, or ask your friends/co-workers, they might give you a referral for a reliable realtor who did a good job for them. Hope this is helpful! Top dollar selling! [hotlink deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines] Maria