Profile picture for Geo_Alex

Need advice on this situation PLEASE.

My wife and I were unfortunate victims of the 2007 market crash. In order to keep my job, I had to relocate on a whims notice and was forced to foreclose on my house. The house was in a state that I later found out was a "deficiency state". I didn't have any choice but to file chapter 7 to avoid penalties. The bankruptcy was discharged in June 2009 but we're not sure when the foreclosure was finalized because the bank kept dragging out the process. I still have the same job and even got a great promotion since then. We reestablished credit and is in good standing (725 Last I checked about 8 months ago). My wife and I financially sound and are ready to get back into a home. Can we qualify for a mortgage or even FHA at this point? Or what would you recommend?

December 31 2011 - US

Talk to a loan officer and be sure you have your ducks in a row. Act confidently and take needed documentation with you. See a couple of different ones.

Speak with a mortgage professional. 

If the mortgage was included in the bk, you should be eligible for fha financing 2 years after the discharge date.

The foreclosure should have been halted although the bank still proceeds anyhow.  If your bk papers include the mortgage, you should be fine now regardless of when the bank took possession and sold the property.

If you can prove extenuating circustances Fha may allow you to do it in 2 years.  

You will become FHA eligible for a mortgage once you are 3 years removed from foreclosure.  

When was it finalized?  June, 2009?  Add 3 yrs and you would be eligible for FHA loan in July 2012.