Profile picture for wakebord99

Need an Agent in Allentown, NJ

Good Morning Agents!

I'm a licensed Real Estate Agent in central NJ, and I'm looking to move on a house for myself within the next 2-4 weeks.  The home is located in Monmouth County, New Jersey in a town called Allentown.  The agent does not need to have intimate knowledge of the area, but will need to have access to the MLS. 

I'm going through the mortgage approval process at this time, and I have the property selected.  I would like to offer all agents that are interested in working as a Buyer's Agent the opportunity to bid.

The agent with the right mix of experience and concession percentage will win the bid.  This will be a closed bidding process, so email me at James.Shuster@gmail.com with your best offer before close of business 4/20/12. Post any questions you have about the transaction here for all to see.

The concession percentage will be for the full buyer's agent portion of the deal.  So if the buyer's agent (and broker) is entitled to 3% on a $100,000 home, and they concede 40%.  There will be a $1,200 concession at closing.
  • April 19 2012 - Allentown
  • 0

Profile picture for wakebord99
Thank you all for your responses, the replies were rather overwhelming! 

The bidding is now closed and an agent has been selected. 

Yes, you're correct, rebates are now legal in NJ, however individual agents cannot offer rebates direct to consumers.  According to NJ real estate commission regulations, the rebate offer must come from the brokerage.  Our brokerage, ERA Central Realty Group, offers a $500 rebate to all new buyer clients. All the details can be found on our website eracentral.com.  If your license is activated with a real estate company or referral group, I would be able to offer you a referral fee on the buying side of the transaction. I'm happy to discuss the options available to you with your purchase!

Profile picture for Doug Gibbons
Sorry, I don't do rebates. Good luck.

Profile picture for wakebord99
Sunny- Thank you for your question.  I've had a few offers thus far but I would like to answer this question that you pose, and provide some further details about the deal.

I am licensed in NJ as a Real Estate Agent, however my license is not currently hung with a broker.  This post is to determine if agents are willing to provide sufficient cash back at closing (concession) which was made legal in 2010.  This means the cash back will be directly to me, and not through a broker as a commission split.

Since I know the business and have done nearly all the 'leg work' already, I would just feel more comfortable with selecting a Buyer's Agent to work with for the last few steps in the process and negotiations.

Additional Info:  If the deal on the home I've selected falls through, and the agent wants to continue working together, I would split the concession (cash back) in half.  So the 40% concession would turn into a 20% concession as it would require more work from the agent. 

If you are licensed in NJ, I don't why you wouldn't want to handle your own deal, but to each his own.

There is an agent on Zillow that is pretty active on the Advice board from Debbie. She is honest, knowledgeable and I would not hesitate to recommend her. If you don't get the replies you're looking for, then you might want to contact her to see if she can help.