Profile picture for riviera1979

Need customer service. How do I contact Zillow? There is a gross misrepresentation in my property.

My home shows as wrongly listed for sale. In addition, the price listed is way below market, which is affecting my Zestimate, which in turn affects the perception of value. Please help me correct this!
  • September 17 2013 - South of Market
  • 0

Best Answer

If your home is incorrectly listed for sale, do two things:

1.  After your home details page is opened, click on "report problem with listing" in blue towards the bottom of the page.

2.  Identify the source of the erroneous listing by going to the bottom of the page and looking for the listing website.   Contact them to get the listing feed to Zillow removed.

Actual Sales prices affect the Zestimate, but not asking prices are not used in the calculations.  You can learn more in "What is a Zestimate?"  

Profile picture for riviera1979
Nope, no changes by that listing, which is described as "military for sale". There are dozens of such websites, so I don't know what the original source was...

This is the place, btw: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/310-Townsend-St-APT-408-San-Francisco-CA-94107/82786220_zpid/

Did you look to see if perhaps the party with the erroneous listing edited some of the data on your home?   For example, if they decreased your house size, lot size, room number or some other important data then it is quite possible that the Zestimate would drop.   Once it has been liberated, then you can edit errors back to the way it was/should be.

Profile picture for riviera1979
Thanks wetdawgs. I would like to believe your interpretation of the Zestimate, but I can see a sharp drop in the price graph right at the time that the invalid data points were recorded. A drop that doesn't happen for any of my neighbors. I've reported the problem, hopefully it'll get fixed.