Need to adjust zillow zestimate before I list property

Your Zestimate is waaaay below where it should be in a normal CMA and I need to see if I can adjust whatever you have in there that makes it lower than what it should sell for compared to others.  (why does it say I'm from Myrtle Beach?  I'm not!)
  • April 18 2012 - Myrtle Beach
  • 0

Hi Connie,
This post is in the "Myrtle Beach" section of advice, meaning we have advice set up via region, so users can look for questions/answers that pertain to the area they are interested in. You choosing this section to post in must have been a mistake. Let me know if you need any assistance. Thank you for posting.

Hi Connie - property details and information can be edited by the homeowner and or the listing agent when properties are listed for sale. Logging into Zillow and using the edit feature may have an impact on the current Zestimate. Regarding the Myrtle Beach question, I'll get someone from customer service to try and help. :-)

I always check the Zestimate for properties that I will be listing or showing. I do this because buyers and sellers will be checking that number and I ought to at least know what they know. However, I've found in Arizona at least, the Zestimate is inaccurate and routinely very low. It's a computerized value that doesn't take into account distressed vs. non-distressed, needs work vs. move in ready, short sale vs. traditional sale...among many other attributes that are taken into account when a professional hand-picks the best comparable homes to arrive at an accurate value.