Profile picture for debbie_07

Need to make an offer on a REO Condo unit

SInce the starting bid is lower, buyer's agents don't seem interested. What are my options? I have heard of realtors that charge hourly to write up a contract for you. Where do I find these?

December 09 2010 - Fairgrounds

@ Mike and Wetdawgs

Pick on Mya day? lol - I'm well aware that a purchase offer is a legally binding contract.
Most of my clients are investors so they do intend on purchasing multiple properties. However, with a time limit on the purchase agreement even if the bank comes back accepting after the deadline my buyers can choose to proceed or not.
What I was hoping to communicate to the person who initially posted this thread, is that as an agent I do not turn away clients who intentionally want to low ball. It was a response to "SInce the starting bid is lower, buyer's agents don't seem interested". A broker/agent who is more interested in their client's success (instead of a quick pay day) wouldn't mind putting together as many offers as necessary to get a great investment as opposed to hiring an agent that charges hourly to prepare offers (as debbie mentioned). That just seems crazy to me that there are agents who charge hourly to prepare offers.   That's all I wanted to say.

And for the record - I have NEVER let a client end up in any expensive legal pickles. :)

@Mya:   As a purchase offer is a legally binding document, what do you do if your clients end up with three or four accepted offers?    I'm equally shocked you'd let them end up in this expensive legal pickle!

Mya

That might be a great strategy to employ if the buyer doesn't mind buying multiple properties.

However, if you only wanted ONE house, I'd recommend buyers stick to negotiating on one home at a time.

A purchase agreement is a legally binding contract.

I'm shocked. For many of my investor clients, we consiously submit multiple low-ball offers and many properties - knowing we'll be lucky to get one or two out of it. So I hope you can find an agent who's in it for the love of real estate - not pay days.

I see a lot of agents offering to help and that is great.  I have my brokers license in california and although I work in southern california I would be glad to fly up there and help you buy a property.  I have helped a few of my friends bye places in norther california.  You can contact me via my zillow profile.

I'm in Santa Rosa, but I would be glad to help you buy that condo. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't help you.

David Poulsen

Hi Debbie, I don't understand why your agent is not interested.  I would be honored to help you if you'd like to contact me through my Zillow profile.  Kind regards, - Andrea.  

Hi Debbie,  I did see your e-mail and sent you a response to confirm the area/city you are looking at.

Profile picture for debbie_07
Thanks Brandon :-)

Trang, I sent you an email, please reply if you are interested

Hi Debbie, you can contact me and I can help you out.  I work the San Jose area.

Come to Charlotte, NC, I'll write up all the contracts you want.
No, but on a serious note. I sorry you are having trouble and all you San Jose agents, will someone please step up and help debbie_07. You never know what helping someone might lead to.

Best of luck,

Brandon