Profile picture for magdad

Need to refiance my loan i'm 6.5% know.

I have an FHA loan. My current lender is out taylor bean since their trouble and my loan is going to another bank. The problem is i do think that over appraised by home. I need some help from an honest lender.

August 21 2009 - Madison

Magdad - Current market rates are below 6.5% on all government sponsored entity programs (FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, USDA). If your home is below market value a FHA streamline without appraisal is the likely route to success in your scenario. I would recommend seeking out a lender that is able to review your situation closely and provide 3-4 potential options; allowing you to decide what best suits your situation. Best of Luck. 

Thank you guys. Have a pleasant day.

[content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Profile picture for Bible Thumper
He then goes on to say, And their sins and their lawbreaking I will remember no more. Now where there is absolute remission (forgiveness and cancellation of the penalty) of these [sins and lawbreaking], there is no longer any offering made to atone for sin.

Elmer,

We appreciate the Excellent Decision on this matter by ZMM. Now it's water under the bridge. .... Have a great Seattle Day, Rudi

Apology accepted.

Hi All -

Upon further clarification regarding the deleted referrals on this thread, it was decided that we reinstate them. I apologize for the confusion. The deleted comments were geared towards helping users and were not for self promotion or spamming on the threads as what I had initially assumed it to be.

Thanks for your understanding.

Well clt2,

The clownery you refer to, is to protect consumers. Elmer would wish that you just blindly click on someone; what we have been doing for over a year now is to refer our colleagues to consumers who have a proven track record that exceeds Zillow biased and easily manipulated standards. These are people we know to be honest and reputable. There is nothing stronger than a referral from your peers and you, as a consumer, should value this input and not want it restrained. If you think you can choose a better broker than another broker who has recommended someone, then you will likely end up with one of the exact people we are attempting to protect you from. Brokers, unlike Realtors, cannot accept referral fees so our recommendations come with no strings attached.

Best of luck to you.

Profile picture for clt2
Good luck magdad!  After reading the comments from these clowns, sorry, "lenders", I certainly hope you have sought other avenues to find your "honest lender".  I know I have.  

"What I meant was a violation doesn't have to be stated necessarily in our GNP for us to deem it as such. "

So, you are saying that it does not have to be consistent then. If it's not documented then it's up to interpretation, and it seems you have decided to put your own personal spin on it ... correct? If not in writing then it's impossible to be equitably enforced and becomes utterly useless. You are starting to sound just like the bait and switchers you allow to dominate your site. Why disclose anything when you can make up the rules as you go along! And I say "you" since "you" have so lilberally used the term "we" when representing Zillow in "your" answers.

Elmer,
Knowing ZMM's current postion or at least your position, how should the OP's question be answered, if we still wish to remain truthful?

"I need help from an honest lender."
Should we respond like this in the future?

There's knowlegeable and honest lenders on ZMM. There's also the opposite. ZMM doesn't allow me to tell you which I believe are honest because ZMM believes every lender, good or bad, cannot be deprived an opportunity to earn your business.

Unfortunately, I have to abide by ZMM's rules, You'll just have to take your chances, without the help from those that are here to help you on Mortgage Advice. .... Good luck

Elmer, if you where this person and received a response like that, what would you tell others about ZMM's Mortgage Advice? .... Rudi

Gregorio -

What I meant was a violation doesn't have to be stated necessarily in our GNP for us to deem it as such. That's why I have used posts containing links to personal websites and contact details as examples since the GNP does not specifically states these but are still moderated. Again, our only job is to ensure that everyone in this section gets what he deserves. By self promoting, promoting other services, or posting spam, we are being "unfair" to other members of the community who don't do the same.

As for the ongoing problems, again we apologize but rest assured that we are continuously striving and doing our best to ensure that these will be taken care of. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome and we thank you always for your continued patronage.

Gregorio...I say I am deprived becasue I actually quote the product that the borrwer requests and I am buried by people who quote every product under the sun to stand out  :)

So you are saying Elmer that it's not anywhere in the GNP so you can make it up as you go along and decide what is or is not a rule and you get to enforce what others before you have not? Does that about cover it? 

Good point Joe, maybe I should complain about my rights being deprived to "compete" since Zillow refuses to fix the miscalculated "ture cost" and their faulty APR.  Hmmmmmm.

Gregorio -

Our Good Neighbor Policy does not state that referring a lender is a violation of our policy, but since it is in the verge of promoting one's services through this forum, we consider it a violation as well. Additionally, you will also not find in our policy where it states that adding contact details and links to personal websites are violations, yet we moderate posts containing such.

Gregorio...I think we all know who is being "deprived".  And that is Zillows partners from racking up 100 loan quote fees from this person going on Zillow and requesting a quote

Well "your" policy seems to be new. We have been referring other lenders since the beginning of ZMM almost a year and a half ago. Only you have removed the posts and it's this sudden change without explanation that has me confused. Nida has never removed them, DavidG has never removed them, why are you? You say it violates the rules, yet the rules say nothing of the sort. 

I ask again, please show me where it says this. Give me a link and I will humbly shut up! (for once)

Gregorio -

The reason why I said "deprived" is because to begin with, the lenders in the leader board all have something in common: Equal share of opportunities to have their services and expertise showcased. Now, when you point to a specific person, you "deprive" others of this share of opportunity by giving the referred person an edge over the others. I am not against personally referring a lender, but just like what I said there are other ways to do it without posting it in the public forum. Also, I haven't been avoiding the thread that you were referring to. We have a different team who handles lender verifications and since I am only a moderator of the Discussions Forums, I cannot personally comment on the genuineness of a lender since it is not the scope that I handle.

"Pointing to a specific person deprives other competitors"

And by the way ... since when did we become "competitors"?

"Pointing to a specific person deprives other competitors of their chance to be heard and their services to be showcased."

And again I say you are mistaken, When someone askes for help finding someone and we give them a name, it "deprives" no one of anything because there was nothing for them to get to begin with. Your logic baffles me. In order to be "deprived" of somethig one must have had a rightful claim to it in the first place.  And to specifically answer your question:"does this mean that the others are not?" (honest) Absolutely; see the other thread that you have been avoiding, then check the names listed and compare with the leaderboard. I didn't make this stuff up, it's all there for you to verify. Would you think that someone that had their wife fake a review should be on the leaderboard? Why would I want to refer them? 

Gregorio -

That is exactly my point. The leader board is there for consumers to "look it up themselves." There is no need to post a specific lender's name since everyone in the leader board has his own share of exposure. There is no need to point a consumer to a specific lender. When you say that you are referring to a "Proven Honest" lender on the leader board, does this mean that the others are not? Pointing to a specific person deprives other competitors of their chance to be heard and their services to be showcased.

Elmer ... Look over there ----->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

See the names there? Are you saying that when a consumer asks for an honest lender that we cannot tell them to call someone over there?  --->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That is exactly what I did. Why do you have a leader board then Elmer?

And you are spending a lot of time on this thread about me referring a person that is proven honestt on the leader board and removing my post about it, yet it's obvious you are avoiding this post that deals with proven dishonest lenders that Zillow seems to protect. Why don't you step up and comment on that?

Jason -

The policies haven't changed and they have always been enforced ever since. If you see posts that you were referring to as not flagged or removed, please understand that we are not that staffed to accommodate and moderate hundreds of such posts all the time since we also cater to other services like answering e-mails and attending to customer concerns over the phone. As a community, we also encourage our members to do their part by bringing into our attentions such posts by reporting them.

Elmer -

Abide by the policies? You mean abide by the policy shift, right? Or are you saying that the policies were simply not enforced in the past? Last time I looked, the Zillow Code of Conduct has not been changed. I think I could bring up multiple examples where a lender was recommended and they were neither flagged, nor the post removed. So again, just to be clear, you are speaking to a policy change, right?

Rudi -

Again, we are fully aware that there are lots of problems on Zillow right now, but just like what I have said in my previous post, those are not reasons enough for us not to abide with the policies. If we allowed such postings, then might as well we would've allowed posts that contain contact information, links, and posts that can be considered outright SPAM.

Elmer, use the directory to look up LOCAL lenders and see how accurate it is. You are telling us this is a good service?

Rudi -

I believe I have already answered that question a while ago: "By publicly posting or referring a lender's name in this section, we are indirectly advertising his/her services." When I said something about rules and policies that we have, I was referring to the ones that we observe in our Discussions Forums. Again, we understand and we are fully aware that there are lots of problems currently with the website but our system development team is continuously working to fix issues that Zillow has.

And yes, I would not dare mess with the person who makes even the mighty Chuck Norris cower in fear.

Elmer,

I just re-read ZMM Code of Conduct. Please enlighten us to where we would find the rules and policies you are referring to.

Also, "some flaws" is an understatement! "Aware" doesn't indicate these items will improve. I'm aware, that things have gotten worse, instead of fixed! 

Whatever you do, don't upset Broker X. .... Rudi

Gregorio -

With all due respect, your comment was moderated due to being inappropriate and not because it is self promotional. Inappropriate because just like what I have said, there is no need to post another lender's name in the Discussions Forums since consumers can look up one that caters to his/her area. By publicly posting or referring a lender's name in this section, we are indirectly advertising his/her services. I believe there are other ways we can personally refer another person's expertise to a consumer without posting it in this section. I believe as well that it will be more beneficial to a consumer if we will educate them instead on how to look for a person that can help him/her by giving them tips or pointers on what to look for and give ideas as well on how to negotiate.

Profile picture for Broker X
Gregorio, had you said don't use Broker X, then you would have me to deal with. Lets just leave it at that fact that I am the one guy that Chuck Norris fears!