Profile picture for want_to_selll_it

Need to request a new agent from broker? How do I do that?

I listed with a agent two months ago.  I think I need a new agent because I no longer feel I can trust her advice or input.   Throughout the two months she has not been proactive (no marketing),  hid important agent feedback from me, and basically failed to be communicate with me.  I confronted her, wrote an email and copied her sales manager in order to document my disappointment in her service. I gave her a second chance.

However; we got an offer this week and I was going to sign it when my agent told me that I should counter it "everyone counters, it's expected".  I directly asked her if wouldn't be better to sign the offer.  She said no.  The buyer walked.  

I just don't know if she is on my side.   I would like to ask the broker for another agent, since I am in a contract.  How do I go about this?  Do I call the sales manager?

October 29 2011 - US

In my experience it depends on you comfort level with your agent whether you ask her or call the managin broker.  From what you have written it doesn't sound like you communicate well to gether so a conversation with her may not be fruitful, from what I read.....why not ask to meet with the listing agent and their managing broker so you will have another party present that can facilitate your request...best of luck...I am sure this can not be easy......

Dear Want to,
Yes you should contact the Broker/Manager at the office and let that person know exactly what has been happening. Most brokers want to keep their buyers an sellers content and should work with you to secure another agent to work with.
By the way..everyone does not always counter! :)

First of all you might consider filing a complaint with the local board of Realtors (because NO ONE needs agents like this in the business).
You might consider asking for a complete withdrawl of your listing from this agency and go elsewhere.
Dan
[email deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

I would start with the agent and  let her know that you are disappointed and dissatisfied with her performance. Ask her to withdraw from representing you. Then you can move forward with getting a new agent.If the agent is unable or unwilling to cancel the contract, I would then call the Broker.

You need to submit a written complaint to the agent's broker with proof that is was sent (bcc on email, return receipt mail etc). Tell them what the agent is not doing, tell them why you want another agent and set a timeline for the listing to be transferred to another agent or ask for an opportunity to interview 2-3 agents in that office to take over the listing.

Do not be shy about stating your concerns to the broker. Be honest and stand your ground. Make it clear that you will not tolerate this anymore, that the agent cost you a potential sale and that you want an agent in the office that is experienced, honest and hard working. Do not take no for an answer.

Call the Broker In Charge and talk to them about your issues.  They should assign another agent to sell your house..  Everyone has three options with an offer accept, counter or reject. 

Calling the principal broker is the next step to take.  Schedule a time to sit down with him or her and discuss your disappointment with your current agent.  Obviously, you want to sell your home and your agent should have your best interest at heart. 

Call the agency and ask for the broker of record then settle for the sales manager if necessary as either should be able to help you.  Refer to your early issue when you cc'd the sales manager and this latest loss of faith when you wanted to sign the offer.  Ask if they'd assign a different agent or release you from your contract.  They won't want to do the latter and will likely agree to the former...and hopefully will give you someone who will better suit your needs....Good Luck!

Let me suggest you call her Broker. The job of the Broker in any firm is to assist with complaints that result in these kinds of issues. If they can't get to the bottom of the situation, I think you will find that they will be glad to let you out of your contract with them if you aren't able to reach an agreement that works for you. Their job is to assist the public and determine how the ball was dropped by your agent. Call the Broker....You can also go in and see them but certainly get to the bottom of it. Thank you for your question.

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
Call the broker. Explain the situation. And then...calmly explain that you expect to be allowed to interview other agents in the brokerage for representation.

Don't know where you're at, but you might want to check out this info, and then re-read your listing agreement to see what - if any - damages are specified if you terminate the agreement with the broker (in case the broker refuses to let you get another REA).