Profile picture for helpmeretire

Nevada FHA residency requirements

I live and work in Nevada. My wife has yet to find a job here so she lives and works in CA until she can get work here in Nevada. I'm told the FHA requires a borrower reside and work in the state they are trying to get a loan in. My mortgage broker tells me only my income is considered in the loan process and not my wifes because she lives out of state. Yet, when attemting to qualify for the loan, my lender is pulling my wife's creditalong with mine but not considering her income while calculating our income to debt ratio. Because her income isn't being considered, we're having a horrific time getting a loan. Does this all sound right? It doesn't make sense that her credit is considered yet her income isn't. Any idea's will be welcomed. 
  • November 16 2011 - South Reno
  • 0

I would suggest talking with another lender. I don't think it sounds right either. I would seek a second opinion. If you don't know where to go, try your bank. Most banks have mortgage divisions that can be helpful to you.

I agree with Cheryl. I would get some input from other lenders. I have a lender that I have worked with for 12 years. I am restricted from entering her information in this response. I would be happy to give you her number. Just contact me. Thank You Suzie Marquardt

FHA allows for non-occupying co-borrowers.  Find a lender who knows FHA lending.

Profile picture for helpmeretire
Thank each of you for responding. I will take all of your advice and run with it first thing tomorrow. :)