Profile picture for Tvetti

New Constructions in Rocky Hill/Cromwell CT Area?

First time home buyer here.

I have excellent credit and will put down 20% of the home price. I am looking this home as my long time home > 10 yrs. I want to buy new construction in Rocky Hill CT, Cromwell CT area.

Already spoke to a builder directly. Awaiting details from the builder.  Have not signed with any Agent yet.

Please advice me on

1) New constructions/builders/community that I Should look into in the above areas. I am looking for 3-4Bed/2.5bath around 320-400k max.

2) Should I have buyer agent? I, myself, do a lot of home work reading through the internet. If I could easily save 3% of the sale price, Would I really need a Buyer Agent, considering it is going to be new construction?

Please advice. Appreciate your time.

• February 27 2010 - Cromwell

Hello Tvetti

As an agent, I will always recommend that you have representation either as a Buyer or a Seller.  Many different glitches can pop up during transactions that are best dealt with by a third party that is representing you.  It is ultimately up to you if you should choose representation, and only you know your level of real estate knowledge.

Ethically, we cannot tell you to buy in any specific areas of the state, that would be up to you.  I would suggest that you compare town services or locations to things that you use in your personal daily life.  Think about resale and taxes as well.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.