New House

I am middle to get a house in this zip code 78233, builder asking $202, the price able to go down to $191 (builder will pay closing cost and including washer, dryer, ref, with aabout $15000 upgrade in the house), House 4 bed room, 2 story and 2345 per square foot, can anyone lets me know if this good deal or no ? Dr Horton home builder
  • August 18 2011 - San Antonio
  • 0

It looks like you don't have a Realtor.  This is the most crucial role of a Realtor when it come to buying from builders.  They can do a market analysis and find out how much other similar homes sold for.

The builder's representative is there to get the most amount for the builder.  You should consider getting representation especially if you are a first time homebuyer.  Most builders will pay agents and the price doesn't affect the price you pay.

Other things your Realtor can point to you are desirability of the floorplan when it's time for resale, the location of the lot, etc.

I personally like DR Horton but they have one floorplan that is very awckward.  I listed that floorplan for a seller about 3 years ago when the market was booming, when homes were selling in less than 90 days in that neighborhood, that house took almost 11 months.  The family room was super small and the stairs were in the back.  I think you get the picture.

Good luck,

Naima