Profile picture for easy_funding

New Lender fee structure changes

I've noticed a lot of lenders aren't inputting the necessary title fees, lender fees, etc with the new lender fee structure change. These lenders will surely upset potential borrowers when they request (borrowers) a GFE. My question is, in the mean time how can I complete with these lenders? My fees look huge compare to those guys, and potential borrowers would just stay away from me.

Is there a way to contact Zillow to have this corrected? How do I contact Zillow?

Appreciate any inputs.

• October 31 2008 - US

Flag the quotes that are not correctly disclosing fees.  I am sure Zillow is being overwhelmed at this point as I have seen much of the same and have been flagging them.  When you look at the deatils of the lenders quote on the left side there is an option to flag this quote, click on that and let illow know why you believe the quote is not honest.

MY question is:

How the devil do I add the Title Insurance fee? I keep getting a "error not a valid HUD value line whatever" I've tried adding it everywhere to the same results...also I have to calculate the discount fee under the drop-down menu and then add it manually to "other costs"  which I have labled as discount point..reduntant and not very helpful!

Profile picture for easy_funding

I hope this will work itself out sooner rather than later. The new quotation process is a pain, because of all the bugs a lot of people have encoutered. It looks to me like Zillow rolled it out before the new quotation process was ready for prime time.

I too am having problems entering the Title Insurance and Settlement fees. I am getting the HUD Value Line Error. I see others have done it.  Please email me the solution.

Hi bdtobin -

Were you using a pre-filled quote when you encountered the error message?

Hi easy_funding -

Kindly flag the quotes with incomplete fees so that we can look into it.

I have also noticed that the fees showing with the list of lenders and their quotes don't add up to what shows under the details.

This quote for example ZR-ZHNPYKQ Dave Skow with Seattle Mortgage fees show $2,550 but when you click for details $4,120 shows up. My issue is consumers are going to look first at the lowest rate/cost structure and if we are not all quoting the same fees the consumer will not be able to compare the offers and will go down the road with the lowballers.  Not to mention why are the totals accurate for some and not others?

I know there are probably some bugs to work out.

Thank you for your help.

I ended up adding a new title, escrow... fields below with the same line items and it seemed to fix the problem

Hi Jeff -

Thank you for reporting this.  I was able to check on the loan request and loan quote that you mentioned.  I'll forward this to the proper department for further checking.

I keep getting the error "not a valid HUD value line" for all non-lender fees.   This must be why a lot of folks are not adding these fees.   Has anyone heard from Zillow on a fix for this?  It is also happening to my orig and disc. on some quotes.

Pretty sure that's not why a lot of folks are leaving it out.