New Top 10 Pros List

Top 10 Pros allows real estate professionals to give consumers an inside look at their top picks; whether it's an agent recommending a mover, a mortgage lender recommending a roofer, or an inspector recommending an agent.

Here is the blog post: http://www.zillow.com/blog/2011-08-01/draft-your-own-fantasy-real-estate-league-use-zillows-top-10-pros-list/

August 01 2011 - US

Is that top 10 list feature only for agent use? I don't see it on the profile page. It might be nice for regular posters to have a top 10 list also, either of professionals that they have worked with or gotten good feedback from on Zillow.

Yes, right now, it's just for agent/pro profiles. We will pass along that feedback!

Profile picture for Dunes....
Wonder how long it will be before Pros charge other Pros to be on their Zillow Preferred Vendors List or do the I'll put ya on mine if you put me on yours...

Run with it Agents/Pros..times are tough & the Ad space is Free

Rachel, is this not just another way for an unscrupulous agent to charge their preferred lenders, inspectors, and so on more money to be showcased? It looks like an easy way for an agent to demand a bribe to get listed on their network so the agents clients use the people who pay to be on a list.

I do not mean all agents would do this. I do mean it gives more power to some unethical types who would manipulate and demand bribes from others to work with that agents clients.

I see this as having good intentions but not being a good idea.

I like this new feature. I work with a lender in my area and I have a favorite inspector I trust and recomemend to all my clients. It will be interseting to see how this will work!

Well, (IMHO) I don't see that happening. If someone is going to actively advocate for someone else, they better be sure they are worth advocating. I wouldn't recommend someone I didn't trust. However to each their own!

Profile picture for Dunes....
Well if you don't see that happening then I'm sure that's good enough for most...

Agents/Pros gamin..Agents/Agencies/Pros charging vendors to be on Preferred Referral Lists...unheard of... ridiculous..don't know what came over me

Nevermind

The company where I am affiliated once had a 'preferred vendor' program which enabled agents to recommend a mover, inspector, etc.

They charged the 'preferred vendor' $1,000 a year to be on the list. I don't know if they vetted the vendors or whether the $1,000 check was sufficient proof of competency.

This program is no longer active in your company (yay!).

Hmm,
Maybe the past month watching the debt ceiling mess in DC makes for justified cynicism about misguided motives.

What we're hoping happens is something less nefarious than "pay for placement". Just great pros recommending their "team" to people looking for another pro to hire. We won't be able to tell the legit ones.

We all know this, but before you hire a professional, it is always wise to interview and check references.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Maybe watching Zillow (Reviews/Listings/Zestimates/Spam/Meaningless Badges) makes for justified cynicism about misguided motives?

I think what Zillow is hoping for is that it will attract more Agents/Pros and that this isn't about the Consumers or "Great Agents"..

But that's just what I think

Well, if nothing else, it will give some additional means of filtering agents out... if they recommend people that I would not want to hire based on posts or other public info, then I probably don't want that agent to represent me either.

Actually, the debt ceiling issue was never about the debt, but about the deficit, and the 2012 election.  The timing is as was predicted months ago, and so was the outcome.  And of course they couldn't reach that decision earlier as each had to play their hand to try to get what they believed their voters were asking for.

The didn't even consider my preferred method, which was to not raise the debt ceiling, but to completely pay off the debt today with money obtained by selling off our entire stockpile of Nuclear Weapons.

Can the Top Ten list be used to search for professionals? I'm looking for a good E&O insurance broker right now...

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting their top favs to sign up yet? How is it working for them?

I like to be a trusted source of information for my buyers and sellers.  This is another way I can provide a valuable service to my clients.

Terrie, There are lots of pros setting up Top 10 lists. We're seeing more invites sent and accepted every day.

Vince, not sure where you found that link? Here's a link to the blog post we wrote about the feature. Please let me know where you saw it.

Kristin

Its easy to put together, but be careful in some states you cant recommend home inspectors. For example is Mass you cant. This is where i practice.

It's a beautiful thing to see your affiliated associates on members' profiles. It gives consumers and other RE pros an opportunity to see your team of service providers. It's additional exposure for them which in return earns you some favors to be called in at a later time when needed.  I added you to my page, now will you add me to yours?  Just a thought....

Premier Agent Websites: Have a Question?
Profile picture for John Doering
Latest reply by John Doering
Simple ideas every realtor and other professionals on zillow should follow to get a great reputation
Profile picture for Debra (Debbie) Rose
Latest reply by Debra (Debbie) Rose
May 07 | 72 answers
Sending listing reports to sellers
Latest reply by SteadyState
February 15 | 24 answers
Fellow Realtors/ Attorneys *Please be Aware of this Email Fraud Scam from China*
Profile picture for James Laden
Latest reply by James Laden
  • Posted by Ken Mischitelli
  • In Agents
Are Agent Open Houses a waste of time?
Profile picture for John Kreiss
Latest reply by John Kreiss
June 18 | 15 answers