Profile picture for MostInteresting

New to real estate looking for agent

My goal is to get started rehabbing and selling homes and I am looking for an agent that can help me find, purchase, and sell properties. As I am just starting off I have limited cash for the area, but can secure financing without trouble, thus would need to start off with the less expensive areas.

I am looking for someone who is:
* Proactive and immediately sends leads my way
* Patient and eager to show many homes
* Experienced finding homes beyond the MLS
* Willing to help me find the right neighborhood and well-versed in those areas
* Available on short notice to jump on leads
* Comfortable presenting low-ball offers
* Top-seller so we can get our properties sold quickly and for top dollar

Personal experience flipping properties is a plus.

February 23 - Seattle

Along with real estate brokerage, I also do real estate investment/development.  My specialty for buyer representation is working with buyers find good deals.  Our investment philosophy is to let the market decide what we should be buying.  That's one of the most important pillars of success to make money in real estate.  In many cases, as an investor, you should not compete with the "retail" buyer.  The "retail" buyer can afford to pay more, because the "retail" buyer is generally looking for a place to call home, not necessarily to generate the highest ROI.

I constantly keep an eye out for bank-owned, short sales, estate sales, development sites, off-market listings, and anything below market value or anything that has an opportunity to add value.  When I find a good deal, I immediately send that information to my clients.

There are lots of opportunities in the Seattle area for fix-and-flip.  Prices for distressed product are higher than a couple years ago, but in many cases, demand for the finished product (post-fix-and-flip) have driven prices even higher.

Let me know if you have any questions.  And best of luck with your entrepreneurial endeavors!

March 05
Good luck with that.

March 04
You should interview couple of agents, research their professional history, ask for references and go with someone you feel comfortable! Also think about if you like someone that likes to use electronic signatures, texting, e-mails, etc. Or if you prefer "the old way". Usually younger generation is more pro-technology and older liening towards classics. Ether way is good as long as it is what you like. 

February 24
Your selection of areas may be more limited than what you think.  One thing you should consider is picking a location fairly close to where you live, particularly if you're going to be doing much of the work yourself.  You don't want to have a lengthy "commute" to your flip.

Another piece of advice:  Avoid anything with less than 1.75 bath, unless you can convert it to more.  Otherwise your upside will be greatly limited.

February 24
When you say you can secure financing, what type? Most fixers won't work for financing unless you are placing a substantial amount down or going hard money?

February 23