Profile picture for terjo

New valuations on Zillow

I find the new method you are using in your Zestimates to be highly inaccurate in my area of Minden Nv.
  • June 14 2011 - Johnson Lane
  • 1

Thank you for the reply. I have looked a little bit more in the areas that I follow and I cannot find out where the new information is coming from. It seems to be very mixed with some up, some down and some unchanged. I hope that things even out a bit after the new numbers age. Time will tell.

Profile picture for terjo
I think its just not accurate. I have looked at several properties in my area that I have been keeping track of and some have gone way up and others have gone way down. For example one little place that was valued at around 125000 they now show at 215000. Another place that just sold for 225000 they now show being valued at over 330000. Looking around I have found many others. These are two that just come to mind as I read your post.

From what I read, Zillow updated their algorithms in the last couple days.  There is more about it here. There is also a discussion thread here

From what you are seeing in your area, do you think that the new Zestimate is too high, too low or just not as accurate? I follow a handful of areas, but have only been able to look at one or two do far myself. One is almost completely unchanged, the other is down a bit.