Profile picture for gejohnson15

Nice safe areas of CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH for young girl on her own looking for house!

My daughter is going to school down there and we are looking for a house . she works odd hours at times so she may be coming home late at night or early mornings alone
so it has to be a very nice and safe area not by the national park it smells bad on the map there are houses all over but I don't know the area so I;m at a lose as to what homes to look at. Please help!
  • April 14 2014 - Cuyahoga Falls
  • 1

Agents often refuse to answer questions about crime ridden areas even when asked directly due to restrictions in Fair Housing Law

The NAR states that agents should "direct (clients) to the police department or other sources of information. Don't disclose crime statistics or say a neighborhood is a safe place to live even if you believe it to be true."

Short answer is do not trust that your agent will tell your which areas are bad. They can't so get the information on your own from the local police, neighbors or a site like spotcrime.

Profile picture for Ask Cathy
The first thing is if your shopping for real estate somewhere  or anywhere for that matter you should hire a professional that sells a lot of real estate in that area. The second thing if your researching areas the number one place to find out about crime in the closest police station. The will be very blunt with you if the area is safe or not. Especially if you ask them two questions, would you live there and you want your daughter to live there.

Good Luck

Profile picture for rfcollett
I know how you feel. When my daughter moved to Columbus, I was hopeful that she would find a realtor who would help her find the right first house.  Cuyahoga Falls is a little out of my area, but I would be happy to recommend a local realtor in her area.  I did not get the part about the "national park smelling bad" .
Also, we have a Coldwell Banker tool that helps people find the right neighborhood for them.  Let me know and I will be happy to send you a link to use this tool.  It's free.

Bob Collett
Coldwell Banker
Brecksville, OH

Profile picture for Francis Ignacio
Hi gejohnson15 -

You can check either SpotCrimeNeighborhoodScout and City-Data regarding crime rates, et cetera within the said area.

You can also visit our Zillow Help Center/Zillow Agent Help Center for other helpful information.

Francis Ignacio