Profile picture for graytones

No estimates found. Should I appraise?

All of the online home valuation tools that I have tried, including Zillow, come up empty with some variant of "Information not available." I was under water a few years ago--as my lender told me--and I would like to know if I am still. I'd like to move next year and would like to know if that is feasible without paying a lot of extra money at closing.

Thank you for your time
Jonathan

October 14 2013 - Portage Park

The prices will be different next year, so you may want to call your local Realtor in 2014 and ask them for some adjusted comps to help you make the best guess of what yours may sell for at that time.

You can contact any Realtor or myself and we can even give you over the email CMA.

I can probably help you.  I did some rehab work near Portage Park and I have a good friend who has been doing quite a few rehabs in the area for several years now.  It's a great area.  We should be able to give you a pretty good idea as to where you are at now.   Feel free to call me.  Click on my name for my info.

Have a good day,

Tony Mitidiero

You can have your Realtor do a Comparable Market Analysis. (CMA) This will give you a good idea of what the property is worth.

Hi Jonathan. You should contact a realtor who works in your area and ask for a comparative market analysis, showing recent sales of comparable properties. This should give you an idea of what similar properties are currently selling for. The realtor will be able to tell you about the current market in your area and help you decide when it makes sense to list your property.