Profile picture for Jules75

Nosy Landlord

I have an absent landlord for the past 12 years. Recently she has made up with the neighbor, her ex husband. Currently after coming over and making her presence known, she has made an appointment for a look-see for repairs. Her ex husband came over and became a pest, pushy and extremely nosy. We notified her to never send him over again. She came by a 2nd time  to have an appraisal for a re-finance. 3rd re-finance in 12 years. She was a pest that day and actual broke a lock on a storage room in the garage, to look inside. Demensions of that room are known to her from previous appraisals. The current issue, today I came home and she and another woman are here mowing and weed eating. Unscheduled, but I feel she thought I would be at work today, I wasn't, her shock. We tend to the property ourselves, so this was a mystery. I did not speak with her as I knew I would be heated.What to do with this interruptions and how to curb her pushyness? Her pushyness comes after a break-up with a nice guy and she now appears a control freak with issues. I rent here with my 83 yr old father who is having complete shoulder tear down and re-build and will have 3 months to recoup. I do not want repairs during this time frame. Or unscheduled visits. Do we have rights she has violated these rights today! And can we prohibit her from repairs during recooperation period?

May 21 2010 - Redwood Valley

Do you have rights?  Yes.   Google CA tenants' rights and you will come up with a large pdf file.

Can you prevent her from scheduling repairs during your father's recuperation?   No, you can't, but you can work to establish a good relationship with the lady so it doesn't happen.

There is nothing wrong with 3 refinances in 12 years, everyone is doing it.