Not sure I can trust the realtor

I saw a property on Zillo and made a bid which was aparently accepted.The realtor emailed a counter offer showing my offer had been accepted and another document that was a 'confirmation of agency status.  I signed and initialed all the document and scaned and returned them.  The counter offer states that I have to close on or before June 30.  I also sent $1000 ernest money.  I spoke with the company handling the closing and they said all they need is a fully executed contract.  I have left a lot of messages, sent texts and emails and the realtor will not respond.  I have a bad feeling about this.  Could someone please advise me.  I'm a 60 year old disabled vet and I'm about to put every dime I have into this deal but i have a sick feeling inside that tells me I am about to be cheated. 

June 25 2012 - US

Profile picture for fb462827053
Not sure how you found the agent you are working with, however if you have their company name, then you should be able to "over their head" and speak to the agents "boss"
Is the check you wrote for the earnest money to a bank or to the agent directly? If you feel you are getting scammed, you may want to put a stop on the check. The check actually typically does not get cashed until closing. (Depending on the state) If it is cashed, it should be in an escrow account. 
Did you actually see the property in person?
Did you make the offer contingent on a home inspection?
Can you work with the company directly? 
I believe that all buyers should use a buyers agent to assist with the complicated  transaction process, but any realtor SHOULD be ethical and helpful. Good luck. 

WOW, there are ways for you to handle this call the office where this agent
works at and ask to speak to the broker... You can also file a complaint with the Division of Real Estate for that area and complain to the Realtors Association....  *I would stop the check, I hope you did not make it out to the agent as that is a BIG no no.. The check is to be made out to TITLE and when I get an accepted offer I put the name of the TItle company... then I send a copy to my client..  If you are in Las Vegas, I can help you please visit my web site [Hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]  Hope all goes good for you, but stop that check.... quickly..
Regards,
Rosemarie Kudo
FORTRESS Real Estate
Las Vegas, NV

Hi,  hopefully you have the name of the company of your realtor and the telephone number.Use then to contact the broker immediately and request clarification of the documenst signed and the situation.
Best of luck to you!

Did you make out the check to the agent directly or to a specific title company?

Are Manufactured Homes A Poor Choice in Housing?
Profile picture for Brandon Brown
Latest reply by Brandon Brown
Auction.com and williams and williams auctions--what has been your experience?
Profile picture for VPC7419
Latest reply by VPC7419
July 16 | 62 answers
What is CFR 206.125, and what does it mean for the buyer?
Profile picture for Robin A Schwartz, GRI, ePRO
Latest reply by Robin A Schwartz, GRI, ePRO
June 17 | 10 answers
Purchase of condemned homes
Profile picture for zuser20140607214558610
Latest reply by zuser20140607214558610
June 07 | 8 answers
Homepath First look program's fraud - southern CA
Profile picture for matviarr
Latest reply by matviarr
June 05 | 12 answers