Profile picture for Doris Pisani

Notice to vacate property

We need to do a lot of work on a rental property and need to give our tenants a notice to vacate.  How much time do I need to give them since they been  tenants in the same property for 11+ - years?  Do I need to give them all the details of work that needs to be done?
  • May 20 2010 - Shingle Springs
  • 0

Best Answer

If your tenants are on a month to month agreement, then 60 days written notice in the conditions you describe.  Here is a link to the CA tenants' right guide.

If they have a lease, then you must honor the lease.

Each state has a different timetable.  If they are in violation of lease it is sooo much easier.

Profile picture for menghanimp
You do not need any reason to give for 60 days NOTICE.

Profile picture for menghanimp
As per the cal state law if the tenant is more than 1 year then send them a 60 DAYS NOTICE IN WRITING (if given personally) or 65 days if mailed. I will give a personal notice.
UPTO 365 days i.e. 1 year 30 Notice only if in person or 35 days notice (I will send it certified as a proof).
Join Apartment Owners Association charge 79$/year they send you a magazine every month. I am a member since 1998. Check website EVICT123.com Dennis Block is the attorney. Here they give you all kinds of notices.
SECTION 8 i.e. HUD tenant needs 90 days notice.
Did not pay rent/violation of agreement then 3 DAYS NOTICE TO PAY RENT/QUIT. OR violation of lease 3 DAYS TO GO PER CCR OR QUIT.

If still in violation then go thru court & evict (UNLAWFUL DETAINER)

I believe it is 60-days, I have a great attorney that does evictions here in the Inland Empire. I believe it is 30-days under a year, but after a year, and especially 11 years, they are well entrenched, that is what the 60 days is for. You may offer them an incentive like the bank do, "cash for keys."

The tenant can give you a 30 day notice, but I am pretty sure they have 60.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.