Ocwen Loan modification help- do i take it or not??

I have been trying to get a loan modification through Ocwen for the past 2 years and still have no luck. Please give me some advice!! I had a law group contact me and they said they could submit the paperwork for me and get it approved, but I'm just not sure if it's a scam or not. Please help!!!

I have this person who has been advertising over the internet bas Richard with his email as Michael Fort and says that he will only charge a nominal fee for the help only if the loan modification gets approved or else he does not take a single penny from me, and he also says that he has experience in loan modification with Ocwen as he has been a former employee of Ocwen and can get me a loan approval easily.

Also he promises a principal and interest reduction. Do i take his help as trying him is no harm as i dont have to pay a fee upfront.

• June 16 2013 - US

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
  • September 24

Profile picture for koralqween
It is illegal for anyone to charge fee upfront for loan mod.  Be very careful, I was scammed by a guy who made some of those claims, charged me a monthly fee.  B of A told me the homeowner can talk to the same people. I did eventually get my loan adjusted myself but was out few thousand $$ to a guy who had attorney sponsor him and did nothing it turned out.
  • June 11

Profile picture for Edward guffy
[Promotion deleted by Zillow moderator.]dont fall pray to people who will charge you an upfront fee for a loan modifictaion.

Profile picture for dave humpy08
[Spam deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

[Contact information removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

Profile picture for Dasher7
[Promotion and hotlink deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines.]

hahahahaha

call your congressman that worked great for us. it was down to forclosure court date and they made a call and got it approved that week. That would be my first choice.  it reduced the house payment and all is well.

I would get the lawyer, I tried for 18 months to get the medication on my oown to only fail and finally hire a lawyer.  I had my modification within 4 months of hiring a lawyer.  I am saving 234,000 on the loan and at 2% interest, my payment was cut in half.  I couldn't be happier, we would have lost our house otherwise. They were fantastic to work with.
my lawyer was:
Brian C. Saviano

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
i would definitely agree on getting an attorney.  Ocwen is difficult to deal with across the board.  don't let their being difficult be the reason you lose your house, get an attorney and get it done and don't buy into false promises from bottom feeders.

Profile picture for sandyfrybarger
don't do it.  Last post is right.  Look up FREE information from consumer affairs.  HUD has postings where to go for help on Loan Mod.  Another thing, OCWEN is known to be a shady company and they are heading down the snake path.  If your lucky someone else will buy that loan then you'll get an answer for re modification of loan.  Look up the laws first, and get a good LAWYER who knows Real Estate Laws.   Good Luck.

[Promotion and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good  Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

@user805086720:  It appears you are taking a different slant to promoting Mr. F's services.   The last one didn't work, and this one isn't going to either.

Based on what you said, I'd give magic loan modification man a big fat NO. The FTC site has good information on mortgage modification scams and how to avoid them. 

Most states also have their own site to lookup information/licensing requirements to help people with loan modifications. 

A yahoo email does not bode well for a professional. 

Your post raises a lot of questions for me. Who is Michael Fort and does he have a law license? Does he have an NMLS license number? How did this "law group" get your name and information? Is this group registered/licensed for this type of business in your state? How will your personal information including your SSN be protected?

No outside company or individual has the power to promise a principal or interest reduction. Anyone who states that is flat out lying and that makes me wonder what else this person might be lying about. I can hear that you want a modification, but the only way to get that is to qualify and be persistent. 

What have you done up to this point to get help from Ocwen? Have you looked at the Making Home Affordable website to see if the free counselors there can help you? Please do not jump into bed with anyone without seeing a state registered bond, a BBB or professional license record/number. 

his email is fart.micheal@yahoo.com