Profile picture for sharon white

Ocwen is foreclosing on me*****Help!!!!

Filled out loan mod paperwork in July and after a long runaround they denied me twice for HAMP and for inhouse, they say my debt to income ratio is high and I make enough to take care of my payments, I worked out my calculations and its seems wrongly calculated, I have repeatedly called them and emailed my RM and the modification department and they say the calculation is right, then they were revieqing me for a temporary forbarence plan. Got call in Aug it was processing got run around left MSGs Sept. was calls and by Aug end I was laid off and they had special forbearance program. They cut my payment in half and said diff would be added to back of loan. Well, it's Jan. I pd Oct and Nov was late on Dec ( couldn't sign onto online acct and no one was able to help me reset was passed around and every person had to hear entire story over. They now want 3 months or they are foreclosing on me...and better yet while I was told not to pay those 3 months plus the diff of reduced payments is due immediately!! and even though I paid less which was what they said to pay they reported me late those 3 months as well...bringing my total of 6 months late!! I even said wait...is this legal? Terms were not agreed to? I would of never of agreed to pay diff at end of forbearance? How was I going to? Didn't make any sense! The person refused to ans any questions or allow me to speak with a supervisor! Help please!! Email me with any options.I want to make arrangements to keep the house but they refuse to give me any options other than 3 months!! And another 3 months 30 days after! Any help with advice would be greatly appreciated!! I am desperate! I work two jobs to support my boys and can't lose this house!! I have found some loan modification company in my search engine and they say they only deal with Ocwen loan modification and can help me and will not take any fee in advance, do I take their help? Please advice....

January 12 - US

Ocwen shares common ownership with Altisource. The common ownership benefits from foreclosures. Learn how they make money at the expense of the borrower and investors:
[Promotion and website deleted by Zillow moderator. See Good Neighbor Policy  for posting guidelines.]

March 02
Question of the ages---If a tree in the forest falls on a spammer and you miss it, will someone still post a video of it on YouTube so you can watch?

January 13
One place you can get some answers or advice from is the CFPB.  New servicing rules are now in effect that may give you some options or relief.

January 13
Profile picture for James Barton
You should approach a professional, I strongly disagree with SunnyView's point, if Ocwen has denied you once they will deny you always, no matter how many times you bang your head, i have personally gone through this and I know how much of pain it is to fight Ocwen, only a professional would know how to get you your modification, check [Spam deleted by Zillow moderator. See Good Neighbor Policy  for posting guidelines.]

January 13
No. Don't take their "help" or hire anyone who says that they "guarantee" an approval. Those companies are lying since no one other than your lender can offer a modification. Contact Making Home Affordable for free government based help and loan counseling.

January 12
I have seen a number of modifications,and in my experience,I would agree that a local vendor would be a preferred option.
I have spent countless hours on the phone with the likes of GMAC and OCWEN, not saying it is impossible with an out of town original note lender.But,there are plenty of local pro's in this arena.
This option could be likened to a re-fi or...simply apply for a refi !
Since the reformed lending act
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr1728/text
It may just be more prudent to leave a former loan trader and or seller - located ..far far away..
after due- 1st diligence to said lender...you tried..and in my experience,you  won't get further with them after 2 turn downs...
Just jump ship and go local....sit down with a local pro

January 12
Ocwen has been in the news lately, here's a link.     Is it possible that they are going to change their customer service ways in response to the extra scrutiny from the CFPB?

January 12
Profile picture for Lucasceo80
It may be possible to sell your home to an angel investor, who will turn around and lease to own it to you in return...[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

January 12
Profile picture for James Barton
[Promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. See Good Neighbor Policy our for posting guidelines.]

January 12