Profile picture for andreaharr

Offer on a recently sold house?

I was looking forward to buying a house until someone beat me to it with the short sale process... Is it possible to offer to buy the house from the new owner?
  • December 30 2012 - Evanston
  • 0

Sure, if the buyer is willing to sell it to you.  But before he needs to wait for the short sale process to take place, so that he has a deed on his name to be able to sell it. 

Well the person that just beat you out of the process of buying can't sell it to you because they do not yet own it. I am assuming that since it is a short sale it might be months before anyone else does own it, those transactions can take months to close. I have heard of buyers buying off other buyers, but since it is a short sale there is always a possibility the current buyer could give up waiting and walk away or you could sweeten their pocket to make them walk away. But I would ask, is it really worth it since you don't know if the bank will even allow the short sale to occur. I am assuming the house was just listed and the offers were accepted by the seller and now it needs to be approved by the bank. If the situation is something other than that tell us.

tim

Profile picture for Russ and Rory
Absolutely. You can either knock on the door or leave a note.If an investor bought the home, you may have an opportunity before they put it back on the market to the genral public.