Profile picture for MrQster

Offer price for vacant land?

I have read that offering less than 10 percent off a home is "insulting".  Is this the same rule for a vacant lot in a neighborhood?  Could i offer 20-30% off for a vacant lot?  I heard that it is much harder to sell a vacant lot vs a home..

March 06 2011 - Westlake

As the other agent her has said offering that much off might insult the owner and they have no requirement to respond. You need to find out how long the property has been on the market. Have there been recent sales of vacant land and if so at what price. You can also feel free to visit my profile to contact me. Happy hunting.

It is true that it is harder to sell a vacant land.  However, just like any other offer, things to consider is how long has it been on the market, what are the owner's circumstances for selling etc.

I'll be happy to help you in your need help.  Feel free to contact me through my profile since Zillow's rules prohibit me from posting my contact info here.

Naima