Profile picture for cicapea

Ok whats the deal Zilllow says they cant answer phones or answer email but the real problem is if a

If a company is offering quotes on sometimes the biggst investment in a persons life and possably the large return on a lifetime investment, you might think a owner could get some answers to some questions.
Yes estimating is about Square footage and bed,bath, location and comps  a few other general things Really! .. so knowing all this if zillow is offer a area where the owner maybe able to make the nessassary changes for the owner to add to land, dewelling or building that accuate depicts the home, land, building or dewelling. to add value zillow has overlooked
I might not be so up set..
In the area where they offer you information on your home there should be additional information allowed Like I have 3 homes on one lot, there where Zillow ask how many building i should have the option of adding more information about these dewellings DUH! who did they higher to make the questionairs?  Not a real appraisor
 This should and needs to be considard to give the best ball park price. 
I have read over and over costomers who are very unhappy with the fact that zillow dosent seem to care if the facts are wrong and really they should!
 if your home carrys a ZESTIMENT.

Even a simi educated person would come to the conclusion that zillow  as a company isnt do they're job correctly.
If your in the field of home apprisal Im sure you must agree with me.
Zillow needs offer more options from home description to some real costomer service... I DOUBT ILL HEAR FROM ANYONE IN THE COMPANY. Goodluck to all.
  • June 03 2009 - Los Angeles
  • 0

Best Answer

Zillow is only here to help you.. mostly before you make your offer on a home.... though NOT always correct......

I recommend that you go to you assessors office for your information and NOT relay on 2nd and 3rd party information...

I also highly recommend that you contact a knowable agent ("REALTOR") with in your area to help list and sale your property and/or find you a property.... as they will be more knowlegable as to the Federal law and State Laws that will apply to both the seller and/or the agent for that area.. 

the best is still to contact a local agent

You get what you pay for. I have invested nothing in Zillow, yet some of the estimates are not what I expected...hard to get a refund...

Your post is very amusing.

I've not seen many "simi educated" people on the board or as employees of Zillow.   I've never seen a Zestiment, although many Zestimates.  

You seem to be very angry.   Why are you so angry?   Zestimates are simply estimates and are not be all and end all.   As you've not paid them a penny, how are you their customer?

Profile picture for CubsfaninWA
A Zestimate is just that an estimate, it is not an appraisal.

Hello cicapea,
As usual, sunnyview is spot on.
The reason we do our customer service out in the open, in Advice forums, is so that everyone can benefit from the help we provide rather than just the person asking the question.

I do not know if this will help, but owners do have a way on Zillow to include value for their improvements and take control of their house information. Zillow cannot see your house. If I were you, I would claim your home here and then edit your home facts here. It is quick and easy to do. You then might need to do an owner's estimate to include your other features here. Not all updated home facts will have an effect on your Zestimate, but adding accurate data helps make your Zestimate be more accurate. It takes time for changes to update in the system from what I have seen. Give a little ZIllow time to run through a week or two worth of updates and you should see a change if there is one. Editing your home facts helps make your Zestimate as good as it can be. House like yours that have more than one dwelling are not the norm and are not well represented on Zillow because the assessment offices often have them undervalued or not shown as totally separate dwellings. Zillow does the best it can with the information given. The best thing you can do is claim your house, update your home facts to make the Zestimate as accurate as possible within the limitations of the system itself. Hope the links help