Profile picture for BebeBlues

Okay Winston-Salem Real Estate Agents...

Do I have any chance of selling my house in the next 2 years? I have a 2 year old and I am just wanting to get into a bigger house before he starts elementary school. I know that the market still isn't great, but we have made some major improvements to our starter home and hopefully it will make someone happy! :o) We are first time home sellers, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

June 27 2011 - Winston-Salem

BebeBlues,

Thank you for your post!  That is real estate!  People's lives change so there are always going to be buyers looking.  Above average properties and properties with a "WOW" effect do sell. 

I would be happy to walk thru your property with you and give you a better idea of probable sales price, current market and some suggestions for "WOW".  Since the first of Jan - I personally have had several buyers call or email me to start their home search so I'm encouraged that the Spring market will be good.  Wtih interest rates under 4% - what an amazing time to buy!

You can reach me directly at penny@pennyboyles.com or call me. 

Profile picture for BebeBlues
Penny, Thank you. I feel that your response was not only relevant to the situation still at hand for me personally, but for anyone else looking to put houses on the market locally in this area... It's difficult to find a realtor that can really knock it out of the park!

I am just looking to get this house sold so I can get a bigger home for my growing family! :o)

Sharon,

I did see the date on the post however, the post was "Do I have any chance of selling my house in the next 2 years?" so I thought the information may still be relevant.   Thanks for paying attention though.  And if I can help with any of your Winston-Salem friends, let me know.

@Penny,please be aware of dates, this was posted waaaayy back in June. Its easy to make a mistake like this :)

It seems that online and appointment activity has picked up since the Holidays are over.  In regards to your questions "Will my home sell?" - it will depend on the property, neighborhood and number of foreclosures there,  I'm finding that properties that are "special" in some way are the ones that sell. 

Find an experienced agent that can help you decide on a price and one that has an extensive marketing plan to help give your home the most exposure possible!

Homes ARE selling, but there is a lot of competition out there right now. If your home is priced right, staged and in very good condition, you have better than average odds of selling in the next year or so.  The amount of equity you currently have will also be a factor.  The more equity the better.  You will probably not like the price your agent recommends selling at, but just remember that you'll be purchasing a home at today's low prices and with interest rates at historic lows, so you may still come out ahead in the end.  Especially since you need a larger home, move up buyers have the most to gain right now - you probably won't lose more on your current home's sale than you'll gain on the purchase of a larger, more expensive home.  I love Winston Salem and have sold several homes in Kernersville this year. Feel free to contact me if you've got more questions or if you'd like an analysis of your home's current market value.

I love Winston-Salem, have a lot of family there and just met buyers yesterday who are going to start looking there. So yes, people are looking. It depends on your price and what is comparable to your home. My best advice to you, talk to a local realtor. If you need a referral, click on my name, I know a wonderful realtor who can help you. At least have them come over and look at your home to let you know whether now is the time.....such a beautiful part of the world.

I'm not familiar with the Winston-Salem market, but I would still recommend being careful to not over improve your home.

My advice would be to contact at least 3-4 different local agents that are familiar with your local neighborhood to give you a CMA (comparative market analysis) or a BPO (broker price opinion). Ask them what you might be able to sell your house for in a 30-60-90 and 100+ day time frame. Look through the comps that they provide to see what you think you could get for your home in the current market.

Ask the different agents how long the average market time is in your area and discuss the most recent listings and sales of houses like yours within the last 30-60 days. A good agent will be able to give you a good idea of how long it will take you to sell and what your listing price might be. Then you will be able to get a good idea of whether you can use the low interest rates to your advantage to buy another house or if you are better off sitting tight for now.