Old Cherry Hill Section of Livingston NJ

Hi, all,

I am interested to know where the old cherry hill section of livingston NJ. 

Also, can someone comment on different sections of the town?

Thanks, Grace
  • June 17 2013 - Livingston
  • 0

Hi Grace

Livingston has names for various sections. Often those names are simply the names of the closest elementary school - such as : Riker Hill, Harrison, Collins, Mt Pleasant and Burnet Hill.
There are other "sections" as well - some other areas are referred to as: Chestnut Hill, Cherry Hil., Old Cherry Hill, Coventry, Forest Park and Broadlawn, just to name a few.

In regard to your question, "Old Cherry Hill' is an area that was developed after WWII and is comprised mostly of ranches and cape cod style homes. Most do not have basements, and they are referred to as being built on "slabs". This area is located "behind" "New" Cherry Hill, between N Livingston Ave and E. MCClellan Ave (we usually say - "behind the Livingston Car Wash" ) and Mt Pleasant Ave. Some streets are: Elmwood, Fernwood, Melrose, Maplewood.
A number of homes have been expanded, and it is a friendly neighborhood with some very nice entry level homes.

The Cherry Hill neighborhood is a newer section, although the homes are still 30 + years old, and tend to be larger - some of the streets there are" Tarlton, Tanglewood, Cherry Hill, Trinity, Thurston (we call them the "T" streets!).

As you can see - there are a number of sections in town. Since Livingston is 14 sq miles, it makes it easier to have a frame of reference when describing where a particular street or home might be.

I have lived and worked in town for 28 years, so I know it well.
I will be happy to share more detailed information about all the other sections of town, as well.
Please visit my website (click on my profile for that info) for links to more town information.
And......of course......feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further help~

Best wishes!