Ooie tasuro

I guess Ooie Tasuro is on the move again. I received a 2nd email from him/her today with a cash offer on a sight-unseen property. So glad I googled the name. Thank you for this alert. Has anyone else heard from this scammer lately? I am still puzzled about what he/she has to gain.  Just glad I haven't wasted any more time on this craziness.

January 03 2011 - Potts Camp

I am glad that you were not scammed. There are other people that have reported this here on Zillow and keeping the email addresses and reports fresh helps other people who google avoid the scam. 

Thank you for the heads up,  Just started working with Him/ Her. I am glad you have saved me the time I would have wasted.

Just received an email from him/her yesterday, and immediately suspected a scam. The first tip was his request for me not to call him due to his accent and broken English. The next tip was cash sale. Curious, I immediately googled his name and was sent to this site. Thanks for having this available.

I received an email yesterday. RED flags everywhere so I googled his name and was sent to this page. A big thanks for the heads up.

Same scenario for me today. I'm glad I found this email string.  Thank you for starting it up.

Just did it to me... Im in San Diego.
What a weird deal... He sent me proof of funds and everything. I dont get his angle unless he is a DocuSign sales man. He insisits on the contract being in ddocusign.....

Just received this: 

Thu 1/20/2011 7:01 PM

I need a 4/6 bedroom home ,garage and pool or without pool, close to school area  because I have 2 kids age 5 and 7, 1 or 2 story home, I am moving down in 4 months time , please forward me some property photos or listings in your area of greatest expertise, price range $250,000 to $500,000,  I will be in your location in 6 weeks time from now

The home will be a cash buy. Email is better than telephone due to my accent and english. The home will be my retiring home, I am a Canadian Japanese

Regards
Ooie Tasuro

This scam is played out in numerous forms. Many times the buyer is of Asian decent and is from Canada.  They provide MLS numbers of listings, attorney contact info., phone number and want you to use Docusign.

The scam is that they get someone to handle the transaction and to send the earnest money to.  Then they cancel the deal and ask for the earnest money back.  They have sent a fake check, and the pigeon has sent back a real check.  Believe it or not, it works as many have fallen for it or else they wouldn't continue to do it.

Check out any internet lead carefully before getting involved. 

Another thing they try to do is they send MORE earnest money than is required, then ask the agent to please (quicikly) send back the overage.

One agent on another site almost fell for it, and did deposit the earnest money check. Of course, the check bounced...she is lucky the bank didn;'t charge them a bounced check fee.

If it sounds too good to be true, and especially if  it arrives via the internet - it IS too good to be true!

She has hit the Tampa Bay area last week Caution.

I received the same cash offer for a house unseen.  Lawyer advised it was ascam, and I googled the name.  Thank you for posting.  Sandy Dalkilic in Cedar Lake, Indiana

Getting e-mails from thsi person as well.  Major red flag when they won't talk to you or the attorney.  Tampa Florida. 

Now he's in Oklahoma City! I got the same "business" from him -- cash sale for close to list price, subject only to inspections, $50,000 earnest money ...  Says he's from Toronto but he's in Japan working right now and doesn't have scan capabilities so send everything in DocuSign. Thanks for all this info.  We need to keep each other aware of these scams!!

Profile picture for AnAtDocuSign
Thanks for continuing to raise awareness of this scam. Scammers will use the name of a respected company or organization to make their message seem legitimate. Know who you are dealing with in online transactions before you sign a contract online.

For more information, take a look at a blog post we've published on this topic.

If you need more help, please reach out to us here or on the DocuSign Community.

Best,

An - DocuSign Social Media

February 01 2011
He got me too. Did waste some time but not to much. He actually sent a check to a lawyer...Can people possibly be that bored. Amazing.

February 03 2011

Christine -- Just curious -- did the check clear? I'm baffled at what his "angle" is.  I just can't imagine what he hopes to get out of this!

February 03 2011
should we feel left out if we haven't been hit by this scammer?  :)  it's interesting to see the trend on this one from all over.

February 03 2011
Wow did get and e-mail wth the specific details as above. From Japan lives in Canada, would like a property in Las Vegas,  450k to 500k I send him the contract via docusign he did not respond two months later he sends an e-mail apologizing for the delay he had been hospitalize but would like to continue the  contract, I did forward the contract back he did sign and ask me for an attorney in Las Vegas that would represent his intrest he wanted to send the entire funds to be able to close asap  I thought it was to good to be true and also stupid  so I google his name and here I am thanking everyone for their comments before I get my attorney and escrow company involved.

Ooie tasuro
Profile picture for Mario  Rocha
Latest reply by Mario Rocha

1. 275 W Chulahoma Ave, Holly Springs, MS Home For Sale
    275 W Chulahoma Ave, Holly Springs, MS 38635

2. 360 E Van Dorn Ave, Holly Springs, MS Home For Sale
    360 E Van Dorn Ave, Holly Springs, MS 38635

3. 365 E College Ave, Holly Springs, MS Home For Sale
    365 E College Ave, Holly Springs, MS 38635