Profile picture for wlang1

Open House

I can't show that my house has an open house showing today. How do I create that change on my listing?
  • March 29 2009 - Babylon
  • 0

wlang1 -

You cannot add an open house date to your listing if it's the actual date or a date before the current one.

You have to make sure that you add your open house dates at least a day before the actual date.

Another suggestions for the "For Sale By Owner", list your open house in Craigslist, local newspaper, create a website featuring your home and walk around to all your neighbors and hand out post cards stating the day you will hold your open house.  I do all of this and more for my clients, so if you want to do a "For Sale By Owner" you should consider doing this your self.

That will depend on your MLS.  If your MLS has a way of alerting Realtors then  my advice is to put it in ASAP.  Any Realtor with Internet access an IPOD or a Blackberry will be able to access that information.

Good Luck and remember you have only one house to sell you therefore need only one buyer.   Make it shine, throw anything you cna't find a place for under the bed if necessary, brew a pot of coffee a nice plate of oatmeal cookies and some chocolate chip cookies on a nice plate on the kitchen table with some cups  and a creamer will enhance the home and perhaps will make a buyer think of how happy they could be in this home. 

Go to Home Depot Lowe's or some hardware and get a few OPEN HOUSE signs might be a good idea and some of these signs have room for the property address.