Profile picture for shanshop

Over my head on my home loan

Hello, I currently owe at the least $15,000 more than what it is worth. I have a ARM at 6.5% which expires in 2 years and a second fixed 30 yr loan at 9.5%. Does anyone know how I can go about refinancing? I have already contacted the lender and they won't do a loan modification. I really need to lock into a 30 yer fix loan and lower my monthly payment.
  • December 30 2008 - Camas
  • 0

Talk with ethe 2nd lien holder and see if they would consider being subordinated to a new fixed rate first mortgag ethat will drop your mortgage rate from 6.5% to whatever you can get probably 5.5% FHA and what the new reduced rate payment will be if they say they will consider it...You might be able to refi the 1st.

They wont do anything until you are behind.

Loan Modification Information

Depending on your credit....you may be able to absorb some of it by roling it to an unsecured line....You also have the option of a short sale if you want to sell the home