Owner Financing...........

What is the going interest rates on an owner carry loan in Texas? I'm thinking maybe 6-10 %..........
  • November 04 2013 - Amarillo
  • 0

I have helped in three owner financed sales of land this year.  Land is hard to finance through a bank if it is under 70 or 80k.  The sales have all been 20-30 % down and 2 % above prime.  It is best to go through a good escrow company that handles all the paperwork. We used a title company that handles the yearly taxes, the reconveyance paperwork , and the accounting.  There are standard forms through your real estate agent to cover owner carried financing.

Thanks for the info.....We sold our home in CA and moving to Texas. We have 45K to put down on a 110K home on 3 acres. Just looking to see what kind of rate to put in on our offer. Thanks again,,,,

The last example I heard of owner financing required a 20% down payment and interest rate of 12%. 

I don't think there is a "set" rate.  It will probably depend greatly on the purchase price, the down-payment and your financials.  I have seen many owner-carries from 5-10% in my career.  In my career I have noticed that land usually goes from 8-10% and residential 5-7%.  

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck