Profile picture for pinksandbaby

PODS opinions....

I want to continue packing up to get ready to move and we're considering a POD.

How do you all feel about showing a house w/ a POD in the driveway?

July 27 2007 - US

Are you going to move before you sell?

My thought would be this. When I am acting as a Buyer's Agent, I am always looking for "cues" to indicate a sellers motivation. If you are paying for a pod, that might be a cue to me to suggest to the buyer that you are anxious to move.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
No, we can't afford 2 mortgages, so we need to sell first. I stay home w/ 4 kids.

There are 270 homes for sale in our town (gasp!) and I would think at this point if you're on the market it's to sell. I don't think people are "testing the market" at this point in time.

I guess my question is more appearance oriented. Does it look like garbage or take away signifigantly from curb appeal? Or do you think it's a good sign to buyers?

Profile picture for JoshGville
*heH* I wish there were only 270 homes for sale here 8(

Course I don't know how big your town is.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
lol, I don't either! There are 12,000 kids in the school system though, to me that's HUGE!!!!

We're moving to a district of about 3,000 kids.... muuuuuch better! (To me)

Profile picture for GollyGeee
Sounds like you are serious about moving

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
Yep, we're out! The walls are closing in on us w/ 4 kids!!!

Profile picture for GollyGeee
I haven't been trying to be mean to others, just trying to get hits on my threads

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
But that's like the kid who puts pencils up his nose for attention JUST to get attn! Treat others the way YOU want to be treated! You'll get your answers, I KNOW it! You'll only get rude advice if you are snide

Profile picture for lucydjacobs
We used a storage unit off-site: It was an interior one, humidity controlled so that we wouldn't get our furniture back covered in mold and mildew. We rented a small truck to get the big stuff in there. For the little stuff, we drove a few boxes in each morning before work.

Weirdly, we haven't missed anything in the storage unit. My suggestion would be to use this time to get rid of old kids' toys and clothes that are in good shape, books and such, and think of it as sending the stuff out in the universe to help those less fortunate.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
We had an "honor system" garage sale. We left all the stuff out w/ a can and a note to make your own price (we went to the beach :o)

Some stuff left and we made a few bucks! About $100! the rest got donated or chucked

sounds like my kind of garage sale! I have so much stuff to get rid of, but the thought of sitting outside for 8 hours haggling.....I may have to try your tactic.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
I believe that people are good. They can make bad choices, but when it's left in their hands to do right or wrong, right usually prevails :)

and the beach was awesome!

pinksandbaby said: "But that's like the kid who puts pencils up his nose for attention JUST to get attn! Treat others the way YOU want to be treated! You'll get your answers, I KNOW it! You'll only get rude advice if you are snide "

that is good advise.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
Thank you gentlemen, I aim to please :o)

Have the PODS people store your POD and redeliver when you are ready. Its worth the small amount for the monthly storage not to have it sitting there as a distraction.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
Thanks sas912, I guess I'll have to look in to it further. Maybe keep it for a w/e and have it stored.

I would think that a buyer seeing the POD would view it as an indication that you are serious about your intentions to sell and move. I wouldn't view it as a distraction or sign of desperation..

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
thanks for the opinion, I appreciate it!

Profile picture for JandAB
We are using a POD. We've been very happy w/them so far. When you are done filling it, they need around 24 hours notice to pick it up. Once you have it stored at the PODS location (if you do that), you can visit it at no additional fee whenever you need to. I think they need 24 hours notice for that too.

I don't think it says anything negative about you & as others said, it shows that you're serious about moving, however, leaving it on your property may make your property look/seem smaller or may hide a feature a buyer is looking for. Also, I wonder if a buyer may try to get you to sell for less thinking that you need to get out immediately. Does anyone else wonder about this?

Regardless, Good Luck to you!

We Buy Houses-Just another SCAM!
Profile picture for adventur90
Latest reply by adventur90
nail holes
Latest reply by Pasadenan
Selling home, relocate for new job, but leaving wife behind.
Latest reply by user70121053
Recommendations for selling a newer manufactured home in Encinitas, CA
Profile picture for Brandon Dinsbach
Latest reply by Brandon Dinsbach
Is this a good time to sell?
Profile picture for pamelamendoza72
Latest reply by pamelamendoza72
July 18 | 21 answers