Profile picture for NANACC57

PRICE

We do not at this time put a listing price or make me move price on our home.  We do want to move.  We rather try something else.  Put the price we purchased this home for in 2006, and state we will entertain all offers.  Is that possible?
  • August 09 2009 - Wayne

Profile picture for NANACC57
Thanks for responding.  Market has been bad for us with and without a realtor.  Even listing under what we paid.  Thanks.

I see absolutely no benefit in dislosing only the price paid in a prior year.  Expect to receive offers well below your purchase price unless, of course, the price was an absolute "gift" in 2006.

What you paid has no bearing on the home's current market value.

If you are attempting to sell the property without an agent, I would suggest having the home appraised.  This would provide a baseline for pricing, since a lender will not lend any more than a property's appraised value.

If you commission a Realtor, they will perform a Competitive Market Analysis to determine how the property should be priced.  Some brokerages will suggest a "range", but most will indicate their specific opinion as to how the property should be priced in a given market.

Entertaining all offers is to be assumed, regardless of what a suggested price might be.  Conversely, whenever I present an offer on a property, I base the offer on what I beleive to be a realistic value in the current market -- but I may use the listing price as a benchmark.  For the past year or more, I have placed several offers OVER the listing price whenever a multiple offer situation was likely -- and still lost out to higher offers on more than one occasion.  (These were all on bank-owned properties).

To return to your question, ANYTHING is possible.  But is it realistic?

A good example is a property that I just listed at a "make me move" price significantly below the sale price from only a year ago and 2/3 that of the Zillow Zestimate.  This was after we performed a MAJOR remodel on the property.  I know what it takes to sell the home.