Profile picture for Steen1310

Patriot Mortgage solutions

Patriot Mortgage solutions offered home modification if we pay them $2700.  I thought that was not a good sign.  Also, they say it will not hurt our credit to not pay mortgage for 3 months; how can that be true?  We are in a pickle; my husband had transplant surgery and is unable to work.  We are current with mortgage, 1 line of credit and 1 home equity and we are struggling, drowning, in fact.  Has anyone heard of them; are they reliable?

January 12 2011 - Pensacola

I WAS FU__KED BY PATROIT MORTGAGE!  THE SCUM BAG NAMED DREW STEVENS I TURNED MY CASE OVER TO MY ATTORNY GENREAL OF MICH CASE #AG2011-0010895-A  THEN THEY SAID I HAD A CASE, THEN THEY SENT IT TO THE FEDRAL TRADE COMMISON, STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT IT YET, BUT THAT IS HOW WASHINGTON WORKS STILL FIGHTING FOR MY HOME IF YOU NEED HELP CONTACT JUSTN AT WWWRIGHT TO CANCEL THEY WILL GET YOU HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ON GETTING YOU BACK IN CONTROL! FIRST YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT WHO REALLY OWNS YOUR NOTE! FILE A PROOF OF CLAIM AND FIND OUT IF YOUR LOAN WASSECURITZED IF IT WAS YOUR HOME HAS BEEN PAID FOR ALREADY I HAVE NOT MADE A PAYMENTIN 16 MONTHS WILE FIGHTING CHASE BANK! . 

Profile picture for DaireKalmes
Look up NACA and see what they can do for you.  They say Never Pay anyone to do a home mod or refi.  Check it out.  d

I am glad that your family got a modification. The BBB page for Patriot Mortgage Solutions is here.

Profile picture for CarmenGuagenti
They did a loan modification for me.  Loan was modified to 2% with a payoff amount.

My husband had a stroke and we had to go chapter 11.  I was on time with my payments to the mortgage compnay, and yes they did tell me to stop paying for 3 months.  I had already claimed bankruptcy so it didn't make much difference to us.  I can see that that would be different for others.
But, bottom line for me, I did get the modification and I did save 3 months of payments.

Profile picture for boardwalkguy
[Removed by Zillow moderator for self promotion. Please read out Good Neighbor Policy.]

Dear Steen,
Have you ever heard of the phrase "Buyer Beware"?
Well here is another example.  Anytime you have to pay an upfront fee for someone to help you with your situation...BEWARE!
ANY TIME you are late making payments it will hurt your credit report/score as well.  Do not believe anyone that says it wouldn't.
Your best step right now is to hire an Attorney who specializes in this field.
Make sure they are well experienced, so do some research first.

Profile picture for Steen1310
Thanks, we used another company and went the "regular" way refinancing the first.  Thank you anyway.

February 16 2011
I would like to help you Steen1310. What if I told you that I could send you a sample packet of what the banks were looking for? And what if i told you, all you have to do cut and paste (with your info of course). I've got a great packet for short sales and loan mods.

you do the paperwork yourself, you save the money, and you follow up yourself. I know of loan mods dropping to 2% the first 2 years. Have you tried applying for a regular loan yet? it couldn't hurt.

Good Luck

February 16 2011
Profile picture for Dunes....

February 14 2011
If you are over 30 days late on your mortgage, your credit WILL be affected. Also, ONLY an attorney firm can charge you up-front to negotiate a modification with your lender.

February 14 2011
Profile picture for Steen1310
Thank you, sunfaerie.  We did not do this with Patriot.  When they called back, I told them that I was against it form the start and that we were not going to go with them.  He tried a little to convince me, but I told him that I was advised never to pay up front and that any time a payment was over 30 days late, it was counted as late and so no go.  He said OK, no argument.

Profile picture for sunfaerie
DON'T DO IT!!!

Patriot Mortgage Solutions has contacted my mom for the same reason. They have been conversing over the past couple of weeks and she almost fell for it. Yesterday, she told her mortgage company about the offer and they went on to make the same offer!! Except no $ up front and she can even forgo this months payment. Patriot MS had been asking for $950 up front. When Jonathan from Patriot MS called her back today, she told him that her mortgage company had offered her a similar deal. He then turned on the high pressure sales tactics, telling her that it would take her company 8-9 months to process that. He told her she needed to have the paperwork filled out and returned and the money deposited in a Chase bank account by 2:00 today because it was a special holiday offer that expired at 2:00. RED FLAG, RED FLAG!!! 

I was really against this. My intuition was screaming fraud. She said she was torn because he sounded so nice and sincere and professional and even said God Bless. I did some research and, sure enough, found all I needed to find at http://myfloridalegal.com/mortgagefraud

PLEASE check out what the attorney general says at the above site (ie: Homeowners should NEVER pay any up-front fees and should avoid any high-pressure sales tactics. Fees may only be collected AFTER services are completed). We are in Gainesville and you are in Pensacola so the state attorney general is the same. I beg you not to throw your $ away at this company that sells false hope. I want to find a way to spread the word so that more homeowners can avoid the heartbreak that this would cause.

Profile picture for Steen1310
This was what I thought and told my husband.  Thank you all so much.  I have just read all of your responses to my husband and he now agrees with me that we should not go forward with this. Thank you all.

Never pay anyone an upfront fee to do a loan modification.

Do not pay any one up front for help as you will most likely never see any results or your money again.  In fact in most states it is against the law for anyone to collect an upfront fee to provide modifications. Use the link below for some answers and maybe help.  Your first contact should be your current lender.  Not paying your payment will effect your credit big time.

Help & Options

Personally I would not work with one of these companies, especially if I had to shell out thousands, if I could not find them on the BBB. Which this company does not seem to participate.

Punt and try and find a Modifier with a clear and visible reputation.

Have you tried your current Lender? If they cannot do it, ask them for a referral.

STOP!!!!!!!!!  Seek legal advice.  I would contact a bankpructy attorney and discuss your options.  There is no guarantee that the loan modification will work.  You need to know all of your options.  Don't through away your money without being informed.  Missing payments will kill your credit rating.  They are not telling the truth.  They just want your money.

I will start by saying that I do not have a ton of experience with mods but as a lender, I can tell you that I do not see any way that missing mortgage payments would not effect your credit. From what I have been told, you should not have to pay anyone a cent for a mod. Your first step should be calling your current lender. With the number of foreclosures that lenders have on their books right now, most of them are more than willing to work with you while you get back on your feet. If you can do it, keep making your payments and call your current lender.

Dont pay anyone a cent until you talk to 1) your current lender and 2) a lawyer.

Best of luck!