Profile picture for showy2

Pending loan approval due to justification required for W2 SSN/Medicare Wages

I am on H1-B visa which got approved in October 2009. We bought a house in December 2009.

Now I am trying to refinance the house, and the loan approval process requires my 2009 w-2 form. However, my 2009 W2 has the Social security and Medical wages accredited from the point of my H1-B approval( I was on my OPT prior to that and hence did not accrue any SSN/Medicare Wages). The lender needs a justification for this as to why are my wages less for SSN and medicare in proportion to my Annual Wages.
Is there a way to get such a justification? How should I get this resolved since my loan approval is pending on this condition.

October 13 2010 - Mountain View

Profile picture for ElieJulz
For fillable W-2 forms check this website PDFfiller.com at http://goo.gl/5ubCaI
You can fill the text fields, add a variety of checkmarks, digitally sign the form and even add pictures. After your pdf form is completed, it can be printed, emailed, faxed or saved on your computer. You can even send fillable pdf forms to your customers, employees, vendors and partners.

Profile picture for showy2
Thanks for the inputs people. The lender needs an explanation from my company HR signed, which is weird. I am trying to inquire if at all they can have such a thing written out for my case.

Hopefully i can get this figured out soon

Thanks again.

It sounds like a simple condition to be removed by the explanation you are providing via a explanation letter. However, I checked with all my lenders and it seems like the loan products available to H1-B visa holders are very scares if available at all. None of my lenders seem to want to fund such a deal. Double check with your lender to. My lenders may be limited but I would think it may not be a viable loan scenario as a H1-B visa loan. Good Luck

Loans are getting hung up in Underwriting for all kinds of silly reasons these days and sadly you've gotten jammed up. Hopefully providing the explanation as Ed suggests will get the Underwriter to remove the condition.

If not, don't give up. If it's a bank you are dealing with you may need to ask for a senior Underwriter to get involved. If you are dealing with a broker they may be able to move the loan to another of their lenders who will view the situation differently.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the current lender figures it out for you.

Sounds like you have your answer in your post.  

Does the lender want a letter of explanation or some type of official document?  You're letter of explanation along with your H1-B approval should be all they need to see why your SSN & medicare aren't in proportion to your wages.