Profile picture for Suncrisp

Pending status

Trying to understand process. I trust my realtor but why would a home I made an offer on still be in market if they got a better offer? it does not say pending or under contract.
  • October 02 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Suncrisp
I trust my realtor to the utmost. But we are working together. For instance we put a bid on a home and as we where waiting to hear from them the home went into pending status. I can see the status through my realtors ARMLS. I contacted her soon after and she was never reached. Wait there is more. The selling agent (whom I do not trust) Informed her that our offer went into his "junk mail" but if the status changed our offer was next in line. Well 5 days after it went back into the market and the selling agent never contacted us.
I trust my realtor is the other side  I don't trust. When I visited their website the home was still available and accepting offers.
I wonder if this could be due to recent FHA issues.
Thank you all.. I do see that it could be due to signatures..

There are many reasons for this but often homes that go under contract can fall through and go back on the market

Are you referring to the listing here on Zillow, or in the actual MLS?  Sites like Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com, etc are notorious for having inaccurate info.  I have listings under contract (and have been for weeks) and they still show as Active here. This is why I tell people to NOT trust these sites. It's also possible that all parties have not yet signed the contract and therefore the listing agent hasn't listed it as pending, or under contract.  TRUST YOUR REALTOR!!!

Sometimes one Realtor tells another Realtor something while documents are being signed. You are not suppose to change any status in the MLS until all documents are signed and initialed. Sometimes that can take days to a week and longer if a bank is involved. One Realtor might have told yours that they have a deal and are waiting for signatures.