Phoenix Mart Speculation

Phoenix Mart's goal is to be the one-stop solution to connect worldwide buyers to competitive sellers just like the World Famous Dragon Mart in Dubai. Phoenix Mart has already started offering businesses back-end support and an infrastructure built to support their sales. 

I have been doing the best I can to blog on my website about the progress on the Phoenix Mart project by keeping in touch with local officials and the VP of the Phoenix Mart project. Looks like ground should be breaking by the end of this year. (goal is Oct. 2013) 

I'm curious to hear more about what people think or know about it. What are your thoughts? 
  • May 10 2013 - Casa Grande
  • 1

Profile picture for acresident

Do your homework and you will come to the realization that Phoenix Mart is merely rhetoric and quality marketing without anything to back it up.  Initially they bought the Outlet Mall to have an actual presence in Casa Grande and as a place to erect billboards to promote Phoenix Mart.  They advertised Yakool, a Chinese supplier of hotel equipment and supplies would take care of the empty spaces. Then they quietly announced Yakool did not have a contract with them.  So stores began leaving.  And leaving.  And leaving.  Then last summer they announced they were changing the mall's name to the Station, then Home Center Direct.  They announced they were doing a complete makeover of the mall and home improvement and home supplies, etc businesses were moving in.  Their spokesman, Brad Holyoak even announced they would change the area so Jimmie Kerr would become the main entrance to Casa Grande.  (His words, not mine).  Notice any changes???  Even the signage is the same other than a large banner over empty storefronts.  Check the website, homecenterdirect.com and you will see specials from April and May 2013.

They also hired Steve Betts.  He traveled from town to town talking to anyone who would listen about the great Phoenix Mart that would soon be coming.  Well, they got rid of him.  However, they had to have a ground-breaking ceremony because of Mr. Betts' promises.  Did you attend?  Nice speeches and more rhetoric.  Anything happen since???

They did try to get clearance for a large hotel and center behind the Outlets Mall which they knew would be turned down.  Sounded impressive.  Just like the development they promoted the year before in that space for a three-story garage, office and store complexes and a live entertainment theater.  Missed that?  Didn't miss much.

Check out http://azeb5en.weebly.com/az-sourcing-visit-to-china.html.  In that story they claim the Outlet Mall is right next to the proposed Phoenix Mart.  THEIR  words.  Check out the pictures of the projects they claim to have done.  Call the resorts and other locations up.  Other that the Chinese Cultural Center, they had nothing to do with any of them.

What are their intentions?  Let them tell you.

When I first read the previous comment which was posted about 8 months after I wrote the original post of this thread, I was offended anyone would suggest I need to, "do your homework". If anyone had read any of my previous posts on my website in regards to PhoenixMart as I suggested, it's pretty clear that I have probably put too much time into my homework.  

As a residential realtor and previously a new home construction admin, I have seen subdivision plans change from their original intentions. Is it unreasonable to expect such a massive project like PhoenixMart to not go exactly as planned too? Especially in the early stages at about the time the original post and previous comment were written. I am sure I cannot fathom the details of every aspect needed to pull off the PhoenixMart project and I do not pretend to know nor do I feel I'm in a position to criticize all the work efforts going into it.  

It's taken me so long to respond to that first comment, honestly, because I ignored the comment back then. Nobody could tell at that point what was happening with PhoenixMart. Most of what we were hearing was speculation (hence the title of the post) due to what I believe were the intentions and not rhetoric of AZ Sourcing and PhoenixMart. Now that dirt is moving, things are starting to come together and giving everyone a slightly more clear picture of what we may expect to see. 

More Current News I've written About PhoenixMart: 
[Hotlinks and promotion removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

• 5 days ago