Profile picture for GVM2

Phone number ?

I do not want my phone number visible on my listings and cannot figure out how to delete it without Zillow asking for it again. Can you help me please?
  • April 21 2012 - Wylie
  • 0

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
well I can see that the suggestion Pasa gave is less complicated than mine. MY suggestion may involve more effort with technology than you want to spend.
Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Profile picture for GVM2
Thank you all for your time and suggestions. I will consider all and post again when I decide what the best direction to go is.

Profile picture for GVM2
Thank you all for your suggestions as you all gave good advise. I will study your kind replies when I am not so tired and can think better in the AM. God Bless.

Profile picture for Blue in d Nile
I think the verification system is a good thing, and will help to reduce scams, stale listings, and gaming.

But I still like "privacy" and no phone calls.  If one was actively listing, it seems like phone numbers would be relevant?

The "make me move" does work if not actively listing, but then people looking don't actively look at make-me-moves either.

The best solution that I can think of is to buy one of those $10 "prepay" phones, and buy 6 months of time and some minutes on it.  Answer the phone for the auto-verification, and then turn the phone off, and only call in occasionally (once a week?) from the land-line, to see if any purchase offer or requested site visit calls were made.

If any of those calls were "valid", call back from the prepay phone at 10 cents per minute anywhere in the U.S., so that they don't get access to any of your other phone numbers.  (from caller ID....)

Profile picture for Connie Klemme

So a google/yahoo voice account would only work if they were answered when you did the verification, correct?

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi GVM2 -

In an effort to discourage fraud we have implemented phone verification for all manual postings on Zillow and Postlets wherein only U.S. phone numbers and phone numbers that can be answered by a live person will be verified by our automated system. This is required and no option to hide this number for For Sale By Owner (FSBO) listings. I can suggest changing your FSBO listing to Make Me Move where you'll have an option to be contacted through email only.

To change it, you need to cancel the listing first by going to the home details page, hover over Edit and click Cancel listing. Once removed, you can go to the home details page again, hover over Post for sale/rent and click Set a Make Me Move price to post it as Make Me Move.

Thank you for posting.

Neil

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
I'm not sure there is a way to make it not visible (haven't wanted to do that),  however, I flagged this for zillow attention and hopefully a zillow rep will contact you via email or on this thread and offer a solution.

in the meantime...if you just can't hide it here are some possibilities to think about as alternates.
1.  use a invalid phone number that has 555 as the prefix (i suspect it will let you do this ).
2.   Set up a google voice or yahoo voice account that can receive calls and record them as voicemails that get emailed to your email.  This way when you want to deal with it you log on to computer, listen to them...return any calls that you wanted, delete/ignore the others.  I'm not sure this is a real solution it sounds like you want NO calls, so the invalid number might be better.  I'm just thinking...if you had a legitmate call....would hate to miss it- but don't want to have to deal with ringing phone.

just some thoughts, hopefully zillow will have a better answer.

Profile picture for GVM2

My wife and I are older and do not want phone calls all day long as we are partially disabled. None of these are sales of necessity anyway and we are changing our lifestye.

Dear Loyd;

I was looking for a solution to my question , did you know that you replied with another question that served no purpose? Seems like Zillow is having some server issues as I had no problem posting another home several months ago that does not show my phone number. Thank you for your time and reply.

Why wouldn't you want your phone number visible on listings?