Plano Housing Market

I am planning to accept a job transfer and looking for a Realtor who has a good track record of buying and selling in Plano. How do I find one? Just pick a big agency or are there area specialists for every town? Are there any realtors here who can give me a general idea of good communities there with good schools and proximity to highways, shopping, airport, dinning etc. I am selling my home for $613,000 and would like to spend less than that as Dallas market is known to be cheaper. I need a 4/3 double story with a decent size pool as we are not used to warm climate. How is new Avignon area? I see new houses are available there but I am open to older homes too if lot is 1/4 acre.
  • April 02 2012 - Plano
  • 0

Hi - I've been so busy and I just saw your post!  I've lived in Plano for 15 years (not far from Avignon).  If you still need the services of a realtor, I would be glad to help!  So - you don't mention if you are using a relocation service since this appears to be a corporate move.  If you want me to send you a list of available homes in the Plano and Frisco area,  please let me know and I'll be glad to do that for you.  There's a nice selection of homes right now in your price point with the amenities you are looking for!

Avignon is a nice area with custom homes but it has it's share of pain in the housing market.  The homes there feed through exemplary Brinker elementary and sales price starting from the upper $500k with less than 1/4 acre lot. You can definitely find a nice home in a nice area and good school with pool and/or 1/4 acre in Plano for less than $600k.  I can email you those properties if you like together with a list of schools and their ratings.  My suggestion is to drive around when you have arrived so you have an idea of the area.  Also on a side note, Allen, Frisco and McKinney are also nice areas with good schools and depending upon where your work place is in Plano, those cities can be another option for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions, my reference is available upon request.

Take care, 
Susie

The Avignon neighborhood has been struggling.  A couple of builders went out of business and some of their homes got foreclosed on.  There are still vacant lots.  It's a very good area to be in with excellent schools, proximity to both the Dallas North Tollway and the 121 tollway too.  A wide variety of shopping and dining choices are nearby too.  My only gripe is that the lots are super small and homes are very close to each other.  If that doesn't bother you.

Since you would consider older homes, there are many many other neighborhoods in west Plano that are very desirable.  You are correct, the housing market is cheaper than other parts of the country and you can get a lot for your money.

Please feel free ot read through my profile and trough some of some recent client testimonials about my work.  Zillow's rules prohibit me from posting my contact information here.

Naima