Profile picture for lenorajo

Please correct our home value!!

Our home is listed on the Zillow map incorrectly.  You have it place in between two lots almost on the neighbors house.  Their Zestimate is in their backyard.  Their house is zestimated $40,000 more than ours and they have 3 bedrooms two baths with 2460 sqft. (Which may be incorrect)  There house is not as big as our house that is lsited at 2490sqft.  We have 5 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, which I just recently asked you to change from 4 bdrms 2 bath,  and you have us zestimaed at 172,120 while their house is zestimated at 210,060.  We have an inground pool and over an acre yet you have us $40,000 lower than that smaller less space house next door!  PLEASE FIX THIS!!  We are going to be listing our house soon and this will play a factor in the price!!!!!!!!!!!
  • September 13 2012 - Sapulpa
  • 0

I did claim my home many months ago and made all the corrections, the fact is Zillow makes assumptions on faulty info and claims it to be truthful.  If they get the imformtion from the tax rolls or the deed the information would never be incorrect.  I have no idea how they can list a home with no bedrooms or bathrooms.  Where do they get thier info?

Hello. If your bed and bath count is wrong, that could affect your Zestimate. As the owner you can edit that information and from what I have seen in my own house that can help make your Zestimate more accurate. Claim your home with the "edit" link under the photo and then you can use that same menu to "edit home facts".

The change is immediate on your home page, but it takes a few weeks for it to affect the larger numbers if it does. Zillow is not gospel and owners have to take charge of their home page as much as possible to make sure the facts are correct.

UB home team

Unfortunatley, both buyers did believe what was on Zillow.  They even printed it out for the realtor.  So don't think for ;1 minute that people don't believe zillow is gospel.

Had my house on market for 8 months last year and every offer was below the ridiculous amount Zillow had on website.  People think this source is true and accurite when in fact, nothing on my listing was correct.  There were no bedrooms listed and only one bath.  They could not have possibly gotten this information from any reliable source as I am being taxed on 4 bedrooms ;and 2.5 baths.  This website needs to be shut down and reworkced with proper information.

Profile picture for lenorajo
Thanks for the replys!  I appreciate your input!

Profile picture for UB Home Team
Don't let the Zestimate scare or worry you.  It is just that, an estimate, and they use a "top secret formula" for calculating these.  I have YET to have a home lose (or gain) in contract value because of the Zestimate.  Appraisers don't even use the Zestimate to obtain value.  I hope you are not calling the County to get your value raised there, too!

Buyers may try to beat you up on the Zestimate, but Realtors(t) have better figures to counter this. When/If you list with a Realtor, who subscribes to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and others, he/she should be able to update home facts, location, sq ftg, lot size, etc. At least I still have that capability.  But again, if your Realtor is not a participant in these systems, he/she may NOT be able to alter any data provided by a listing source.  I have seen Zestimates $50,000 below my received appraisal price and some are higher than the REO, non-livable, contract price.

Zillow is providing data from other sources and these sources may have incorrect information. They do not alter a home location, because it is coming from a "map feed". They may obtain square footage from one source feed, who obtained it from the county. Bed/bath counts may come from another source feed, who obtained it from an appraisal (or old MLS) data base.  THEY DO NOT TYPICALLY INPUT THE DATA, BUT "COPY" THE DATA, in most cases.

Mr/Mrs Seller: Stop fretting the small stuff and get back to staging and prepping your home so you can (hopefully) obtain an amount much higher than the Zestimate! Then you can laugh and say, "Told ya!", as you drive to the bank and deposit that 6 figure proceeds check!  A year later, the Zestimate for the home may still be lower than the price you sold it!

Best of luck with your listing and sale!

Profile picture for larry_hoyt
the value estimate of my house on Zillow has not changed in over
3 months.  So, don't bank on accuracy on Zillow!