Profile picture for sfors

Please put my house in the proper neighborhood

Please take my house out of van nuys. It is not in van nuys. It is in valley glen. And...when I look under the drop down for neighborhood information all is listed in Sherman Oaks.  The zipcode is shared by VN, SO and Valley Glen.  When I bought this home it was in Valley Glen, it was listed on zillow as in valley glen. My neighbors homes on the same street are listed in valley glen.  Would you please make it right.  I'm also concerned that my neighbor across the street just sold her home for $435K yet you have my house dropping in value almost daily.  Her house was not upgraded my house has many upgrades since buying. 
  • October 13 2012 - Sherman Oaks
  • 0

Profile picture for sfors
I understand...so with that in mind, one cannot take into consideration the value they put on your house.

I will go on the record though to say that the first time I asked them a question about how to add information to my home, after they answered me...they changed my home location out of valley glen to van nuys..I asked them to move it back to valley glen....they didn't move it back..but they did start dropping the value of my home.  I look at the neighbors homes and they go up each time..mine goes down.  

oh well...

"Nothing it taken into consideration such as all new plumbing, new bathroom".   You are quite right.   Those examples of home upgrades and repairs aren't public data, therefore, are not included in the Zestimate unless your tax assessor decides they should up the taxable value of your home.    It sounds like you need an appraisal from a licensed appraiser who comes to your home (yes, it costs more than Zillow).

Profile picture for sfors
They won't answer with anything that makes sense.  They've dropped the price of my home by almost $100k in less than a year!  Then it bounced way up then back down.   Nothing it taken into consideration such as all new plumbing, new bathroom etc.  Truly...it's wonky.  All of my homeowner friends tell me  they don't take the site seriously..and btw...here in Los Angeles even my real estate broker friends don't take it seriously and they don't consult it for pricing homes for sale. It personally just gets my goat that they think they're the end all for home pricing.  oh well.  maybe I should stop caring about it!!!  : )

I hope you get the random townhouse removed from your property. that's really a strange one!

Let me know if you get an answer - I have been waiting for months to hear back on how to remove a random townhouse that's somehow on my property. They don't understand how this affects everyone and people use this site as a tool for home buying/mortgage/etc.