Please tell me how to contact Zillow customer support - zestimate is innacurate

The "zestimate" posted on our house is so low as to be be personally insulting.  It is not in line with the tax assessment on our home or other homes in the neighborhood. I've noticed no other homes in the neighborhood have this "zestimate" assigned to their properties - so what's the deal here?/?/? If you do not immediately remove the "zestimate" from the web listing for our home I will file complaints with state and federal agencies that I have been advised may have an interest in your activities.
  • August 02 2013 - Whitefish Bay
  • 1

Profile picture for Realtor4utoday
As a Realtor who advertises on Zillow I have always had a challenge with their Zestimates, I have had them as low as $200,000.00 under SOLD value.  That is why it is important to hire a Real Estate Expert in your area who can provide comparable properties to back up your property's value.
  • February 09

Profile picture for bexaminer
I"m not to impressed with the Zillow estimates of home values.  I haven't seen their formula but what ever they use, it needs some attention.  A few months ago my house increased about $10,000 in a month.  Probably not.  Then this month it has gone down $8,000.  This from some organization that has no information on my house other than whatever they can discern from a zip code.  Granted they have the data on the previous sales of my property and so from that they also have information such as square footage, bedrooms, bathrooms etc.  But that's it.  What if I tore out the total inside of the house.  They wouldn't know it.  What if I put all brand new plumbing and electric service in it, they wouldn't know it.  Add to that I looked at the prices of the neighbors homes and the neighbor across the street saw her house go up about $4,000.  So the pricing isn't based on zip code apparently.  There really doesn't seem to be anything to base the fluctuation on.  I don't get it.  And I don't even care.  It's not like I would sell my house based on what Zillow says the house is worth. 
  • February 06

Here is a link to the Zillow customer service E-mail. 

Please tell me how to contact Zillow customer support - zestimate is inaccurate

We have already hired an appraiser - as I've said and verified with experts - your "zestimate is a lo-ball amount and inaccurate!  Kindly remove the "zestimate" from your web listing for our home immediately.  I've noticed most of the houses in our neighborhood do not have this "zestimate" value listed in their posting.  This is very unfair and arbitrary of you to put this "zestimate" on our home. 

We have invested a great deal of money in our home, and take pride in home ownership.  I feel this discriminatory and inaccurate  "zestimate" causes harm to my family, REMOVE THE ZESTIMATE!

Zillow's value range of $372K – $570K appears to include your (owner) estimate of value.   "What is a Zestimate?" provides more background on interpretation of the value range.    The FAQ linked above also shares information on the impact of upgrades and remodeling on Zestimates.   If you need something more than a free automated valuation model (AVM) number, the next step is to hire an appraiser.

Zillow is 100% consistent, they don't remove their opinion of value (see this FAQ).    The terms of use may provide more background.