Please verify your email address, sent byZillow <no-reply@email.zillow.com>IS THIS A PHISHING SCAM

I got an email from byZillow <no-reply@email.zillow.com>, wanting me to click a link to verify my address or my email will no longer be sent to me, is this a SCAM?  I got 2 so far.
Mike at mike@realestatebyownerinc.com

• April 22 2011 - Gaithersburg

Best Answer

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Mike -

Yes, that email was, indeed, from us. This is to ensure that consumers are connected with responsive agents, we will request from you periodically to verify your (agent's) email address if it still active.

Should you have further questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Profile picture for nscott82763
I received an email from someone interested in my listing but I don't know how to reply/read the email
  • October 14

Thanks for the update. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Profile picture for jonasboli
Thanks everyone for your feedback. 

Raquel and others - Apologies for the multiple emails. You should only have to click the link once (unless you have multiple accounts), and shouldn't be getting any emails after that. This appears to be a technical issue, we're working on it.

Ice, I now just clicked on all 4 of them to verify, so far I received 4 emails. That is really strange though that they would send out 4?

• Ice L.Zillow
Thanks sunnyview.

We are investigating but I can confirm that this is a real e-mail from Zillow.

I'll update once I have more feedback.

@Ice There is another agent here wondering about the multiple emails too. Just so I understand are you saying that they need to verify more than one?

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Raquel -

I have checked and it is actually a series of emails you need to click and verify. Please update us if you are still receiving them.

It sounds like a bug Raquel. I would email Ice directly here via the "contact" link under her photo and ask about it. She is very nice and no doubt will be able to help get your email verified once and for all.

And I just received a 4th one...

I received one, clicked, received another clicked, in a matter of 30 minutes, and now received a third one...

It seemed like a typical phishing scam to me.  I was hesitant to click the link (I did though and held my breath.)  I really think you could come up with a different tactic - I am sure a lot of people just deleted it (or it went into spam) because it is so typical of a phishing scam.

I am not sure.