Possible to purchase second home, with daughters living in new home and parents staying with first?

I'm trying to get a home loan for a second family home in GA that will be primary for only half the family. Applicants for the home is preferably father/mother who will not live in new home and one daughter who is living in new home. Daughter has the income, but credit score is low. Parents have excellent credit score, but one is self employed less than 2 years and the other, income is not high enough. What type of mortgage (second home, rental?, etc.) would that be or how can this be worked?

March 26 2013 - Suwanee

You used to be able to buy this way, and the lenders would consider it a second home for you. I have one of these myself. You would need to talk to a lender to get a complete lender, and let them run your credit, get some particulars about income, etc.

I work with several good lenders, who will go the extra mile to help you. If you would like their contact info, contact me via my profile info.

Best of luck!

Interesting scenario. Not impossible, but I would need more information as to the income situation and credit score of daughter. Please feel free to contact me via my profile. Thank you!

You need to contact a local lender and see what they can do for you.