Profile picture for sallynn

Posted my home by owner & searches don't pull it up...Why?

Posted my home 6 days ago & when I do a search for a home like mine in my general area, mine doesn't show up at all. I have email confirmation that I've posted on zillow and when I click on that, I find my ad. I don't think people searching for specific criteria in my type of home will ever find mine. Did I do something wrong in my post? This was the first time I've ever used zillow for selling.

October 09 2012 - US

Profile picture for sallynn

Pools are desirable by many but certainly not all buyers. Though we love ALL our seasons, we Michiganders use our summers to the maximum. Personally, when we have purchased past homes, we prioritized our search for homes with pools. Thanks for your response!

It comes up with a 4+ bedroom search, as well as a 4+ bedroom plus pool keyword search.

Are pools a positive for sales in Michigan?  In states where I've lived, they are often a negative.

Profile picture for sallynn
Thankyou for checking. I was pretending to be a buyer in search of a minimum bedroom count of 4, and a pool. I did check just by zipcode as well & still didn't see mine. Good to know others are able to find it. Thanks again for the answers.

When I search by zip code I find it, when I search by town name I find it.   What searches aren't working for you?

Looks like you have a fine home, good luck in your endeavor.  Your photos are far better than those shown for many professional listings.    You may wish to edit your listing to show the lot size.    Be aware that if you have below grade square footage, that is called out separately even when finished.  

It comes up doing a zip code search (which is how many people search, especially when they see only a limited number of homes pop up by city search). I'm not sure there is a way to make it come up on a city search. 

When I was looking to buy, before I was an agent, I mostly used sites that allowed me to search by school district. Different folks search different ways. Good luck selling your home.