Profile picture for InFlames66

Preapproved for a usda guaranteed loan. Looking at getting a buyers agent.

Want one who's experienced with working with buyers using this type of loan. What are the things i should be looking for in an agent to determine if they would be right for my needs in reguards to my loan type? What questions should be asked of them to help determine if they would be a good fit. I'am in the nw arkansas area looking at homes in washington co.
john
  • August 27 2011 - Northwest
  • 0

I really think you need to identify the areas where usda homes for sale are.
Then simply look for a buyers agent. Call your lender once you identify a house and ask them to double check that the home is USDA. 
So you are looking for an agent who is aware of the usda need. My Dad taught me that "you also have to do your homework" .OK?
Pick an agent, go out with them and see if you like them, ask them for some references, (get the home address to) double check it on the local County real estate registration sites. I can refer you if you don't want to pick someone from thin air. Any agent on these boards can, you simply click on our names or go up to the top page, pull down professionals and pick from there. 
Best of luck to you, I know you are going to find a fantastic home!
Sharon

Profile picture for InFlames66
I've done the research on what areas are eligible for the loan. Have done a  phone interview with one agent and will be meeting them in person tomorrow as well as being shown a couple of homes. Even if it goes well i think that i should atleast interview a couple of other agents to have something to compare to.

Have some concern on the usda  with the home condition/inspection requirements and trying to educate myself on it as best i can. While i realize that a good agent can help with what to look for in that area, having some knowledge myself will help me determine the right agent in the first place. Also i want to be sure that i'am selecting an agent who is willing and able to help navigate through a difficult deal should the need arise. For instance using a usda on a reo which i've read is "doable" but difficult.

I work in this area, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and have been on usda transactions. They are pretty normal, you can still do a home inspection (please, please do) A solid agent will walk you through it all, don't feel its all on your shoulders. Feel free to call me later today to talk about it,click on my name to email me. All deals have challenges, however an agent who has experience knows how to handle it. You also are going to be using a closing attorney, they are a good resource. The attorneys my clients use are easy to access and do not charge extra for questions,.....I say that and will then say, if it gets into a more complex problem,they can, ok?
Call the agents references....ask them for a list of their three past transactions and call those clients. I can look them up for you on our mls if you are in this area (the agents last three transactions, not the clients)
Best of luck to you, you are going intelligently and diligently into this process. I love clients who do that.
Sharon

Profile picture for BcloaLos
Please post some more details about usda guaranteed loans. I want to know more and want to buy Usda Loans

bad credit car loan

@Bcloa, are you looking for info on the loan? Why did you post something about bad credit car loans on these boards?