Profile picture for mrfnuts

Predictions: In what year will Alpine sell his house at his asking price of $867K

a) 2012
b) 2013
c) 2014
d) 2015
e) 2016
f) other

November 02 2007 - US
This thread is currently closed for responses.

G) The next bubble

Profile picture for Mtmozart
My guess is that he is waiting to be able to borrow more against it before selling.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
Very funny. I will sell it in 2008 or definitely 2009.

Your lowering your price to 485,000

h) when he builds the flying DeLorean

Profile picture for annelisek
Isn't he a cop? WHY on earth would he think he belonged in an 867,000 house? His neighbors must be laughing their a$$es off. Probably not as hard as the buyers who see his mccrapshack on the internet.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
This thread is pointless. I am flagging it.

Profile picture for annelisek
WHAT FOR?

Why is it that I see your nonsense written in EVERY forum on this site. Why are YOUR opinions the only ones that matter? You get to laugh at everyone, but when the table are turned ... - whhaaa!!! I'm flagging you! Look the truth hurts - if you home is so great why is it still for sale?

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
For the 55th time, I withdrew my house months ago. IT IS NOT FOR SALE! Now climb back into your rental hole and shut up.

Profile picture for annelisek
What's the matter? They would flag the thread? In case you missed it I OWN a triplex which generates income WITH my family living in one of the 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath units. I know its not quite the "hole" you live in but its MY "hole" nonetheless. P.S. its in Cos Cob, CT Look it up.

Profile picture for annelisek
We are in the market to buy ANOTHER home - single family this time.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
Good for you. I own a rental property in Brooklyn that generates income. I feel bad for you. I would NEVER want to live in the same house as my tenants do. That completely degrades the quality of life.

Profile picture for annelisek
Only for a slumlord.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
So, go ahead and call me a slumlord. I don't care. I am making money in both rent and appreciation. Do I fix anything in the other house? Heck no. I'm dumping the place in the near future.

Profile picture for annelisek
Its that attitude towards others that makes you so unliked. How many threads have been dedicated to JUST YOU? You treat everyone on this site like morons. Nobody makes any sense unless they're on your team.

Profile picture for mrfnuts
Oh come Alpine, you do mention all the time that it's for sale at $867K, you had it on the market for a year, and best offer was $700K (which I bet might be less than you paid), after a year of being on the market.

I always found it funny that you blame the bubble bloggers 'scaring everyone' for your misfortune and don't look inward to find the true cause of your misery.

I find it even funnier that you believe the real 'market value' for your house to be $867K (by what metric you base this I don't know), yet, you've received but a few offers and all below $700K. I think the 'market' was trying to tell you something, but you were not listening.

In essence... you believe as long as you hold on to that house, you're worth $867K, the moment you sell for less, you will be worth less, and you're not ready to accept that.

But, just bare in mind, we all see your anger in countless posts, you do have a resentment to anyone who has not bought a house. Treating them like morons or sub-human scum is not going to fix your current predicament.

Profile picture for annelisek
As for my rental "hole" ... my HOME has afforded my family wonderful luxuries. My husband and I traveled extensively before we had children, paid for our own wedding (320 pp) and we have NO debt. My son has his first year and a half of college banked... he's 2.

Profile picture for Angelique01
Why do you want to "dump" a place that's bringing in income? Why don't you fix it up a little and be one of the good guys?

Profile picture for annelisek
***But, just bare in mind, we all see your anger in countless posts, you do have a resentment to anyone who has not bought a house. Treating them like morons or sub-human scum is not going to fix your current predicament.***

Thank you, mrfnuts.

Profile picture for annelisek
Probably because its NOT bringing in income.
P.S. you missed the seller's market on that one too, Huh?

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
"My son has his first year and a half of college banked... he's 2."

Um, you do know that tuition will be much higher 16 years from now? Right? You won't be paying today's tuition prices, so you have pratically nothing banked.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
"yet, you've received but a few offers and all below $700K. I think the 'market' was trying to tell you something, but you were not listening."

I only recieved one offer for $700k, and I will not let a single offer dictate the value. Also, there are absoilutely no comps to support such a low offer. Based on comps, the absolute lowest offer one can make would be $810,000.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
"Why do you want to "dump" a place that's bringing in income? Why don't you fix it up a little and be one of the good guys?"

Well, let's see, do I want to put in a new roof, new wod floors, new electrical wiring, a new bathroom, a new kitchen....?

And the house is generating income. It's easy to since there is no mortgage and the taxes are only $4,500 a year.

Profile picture for annelisek
No S$!% tuition will be higher! Why do you think we've STARTED saving? Oh, I get it, you're just made because they won't flag this thread. Or is it that you were wrong and I'm not a renter who can crawl back into my "hole?"

Don't hate me because I've made sound financial decisions. Okay pookie?

Profile picture for LongIslandBubble
****In what year will Alpine sell his house at his asking price of $867K*****

He won't; he'll be in foreclosure in another year or two.

Profile picture for annelisek
***If you want a chuckle go over the buyer's board. They're all guessing when Alpine will sell his house. Alpine's not happy. It's hilarious! Better than anything on TV right now.***

I swear to God, this post was in the seller's forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile picture for Angelique01
I think you do want to put in a new roof, I'm not sure about the floors, fix the electrical. I'd do the bath and kitchen when you have a chance to raise the rent. The other stuff, as you already know, is important. You don't need to do everything at once.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
To say that you have a year and a half tuion saved up for a child who is 2 makes no sense. Unless your child is some absolute genious who is going to start college at the age of 7, you have barely anything saved up. Last year, tuition rose 6.5%

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/homepage/20071023_College_tuition_increases_outpace_inflation.html

Profile picture for mrfnuts
Alpine:

You only received one offer?

Then what was all this vehement toxic waste you were spewing in this thread:
http://www.zillow.com/forum/site/ViewThread.htm?tid=5799

Repeatedly you mentioned lowball buyers -- that's plural. You even said things like 'not one of them... blah blah blah'...

There's two things to think about here:
1) You possibly got only one offer in the whole year that house was listed -- that's funny
2) There is probably very little that comes out of your mouth that is the truth, and we just found you changing your stories around a bit.

it's best to remember the details of the stories that you make up so you don't get caught in a contradiction.

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
ROFLMAO!!!.....annelisek....shhhhhh.....you weren't supposed to tell!!!

Scams and Fraud
Profile picture for Michael Emery
Latest reply by Michael Emery
  • Posted by Russ Hatfield Jr.
  • In Home Buying
BEWARE in YORK COUNTY PA.
Profile picture for 7y8y9
Latest reply by 7y8y9
Does FHA verify/visit primary residence for a 1st time home buyer?
Profile picture for ranjanclan
Latest reply by ranjanclan
Buyer Agent Commission Rebate
Profile picture for UpNest
Latest reply by UpNest
Stay away from iMortgage
Profile picture for sam sporty
Latest reply by sam sporty