Profile picture for Jay_Thompson

Premier Agent Websites: Have a Question?

Greetings! We here at Zillow are pretty thrilled by the reaction to last week's announcement about Premier Agent Websites!

As with any product announcement of this scope and appeal, there will be questions. 

Feel free to post your questions here, and we'll do our best to get you answers! And if anyone out there in this awesome community knows an answer, go for it! Interaction and users helping users is encouraged.
  • June 08 2012 - US

Excellent idea Jay - maybe now I'll stop hounding you. ;)

Have q question, when a user does a search on our site, westvalleyrealestate.co  How do we get notified that they registered? I have tested it and it doesn't notify us in anyway or show up in our Zillow CRM either. 

I'm in. (I can see that Jay is going to busy replying) 

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
@Cinda - registrations should go into your Zillow CRM. I just registered on your site, and from the Zillow admin side it looks like my contact info is in your CRM. Not sure why it didn't work when you tested it. Were you logged into your Zillow account or website at the time? If so, it's possible the system knew it was you and so didn't put it into the CRM.

Please let me know if you aren't seeing me in your CRM.

Thanks Jay, I do see you in my CRM now but have one more question, is there any way that I can set it up to get an email or some sort of notification that a new user has registered?

Jay, I'm trying to set up a site and sent in my IDX info, but nothing back from anyone yet confirming I can complete set up.  Also, is this powerful enough to replace my current website?  If so, I really want to do that!  Thanks, Jennifer

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
@Cinda - I thought emails were sent out when someone was added to the CRM (and text messages too). I'll have to look into that when I get back in the office on Monday.

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
@Jennifer - Howdy! Long time no talk to! It looks like we're waiting to hear back from RMLS. They have to approve the IDX feed. From what I can see it was submitted to them on June 7. Some MLS's approve very quickly, some not-so-swiftly. I've heard of some taking 2 or 3 weeks (most nowhere near that long). I'm not familiar with how long RMLS usually takes, but I'd give it a few more days.

As for the power of the sites, it really depends on what you want to do with it. You can add all the content you want, and the IDX is very feature rich. But if you are looking to do a lot of customization (like adding plugins, editing PHP and CSS files) then this isn't the solution. What site are you thinking about replacing?

Profile picture for JimTrueblood
Jay,

After getting my website up and running, I have one suggestion that would really help.  The map widgent that is inserted into the web page needs to function like the map searc on the actually Zillow website.  Once you scroll out of the starting location, the map does not update...

You should be getting an email from Zillow when someone signs in. If you cant figure it out check with your rep they have had  good tech support.

I was told that I need to register another account at zillow.com in order to purchase another PAWs site.  Is that correct?

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
@Marcus - just so I understand, you are looking to to have a *second* Premier Agent Website? 

If so, I think that's correct. There is no way (that I am aware of) to have two websites associated with one account. I'll try to verify that in the morning.

Contact form seems broken:

If the contact form is filled out with out an e-mail address the contact is not forwarded to my agent hub contact list. The form it self does not warn or force people to leave their e-mail, so when they click submit they have no idea their contact info (name/phone) did not get submitted.

Also, I don't receive an e-mail when a contact is added.  I do get a text.

Profile picture for VincentAmari
Well done on this WordPress implementation.
As per my question on WPMU.org, what are the hardware specs and how many MultiDB's

Hello there! Love this site!!! I am trying to add google analytics to my site, however google is giving me a code to paste on the pages I want to track. Is it possible to place this code so that my entire site is tracked? Thanks!!

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
Javad - from the dashboard, click on "settings". There you will see a box to enter the Google Analytics ID. Copy/past the ID (and JUST the ID, not all the code Google gives you) into that box and click "Save Changes". 

ID looks like UA-XXXXX-X  and there is a link on that settings page that will help you find the code if you are not seeing it.

That will track the entire site.

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
Hi Stephanie - Really nice chatting with you this morning! 

As we discussed, there appears to be a bug in the contact form that does not send you info if a user fails to enter their email address. I just sent that to the development team with top priority, I'm sure they'll jump on it.

I also sent the other items we discussed.

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
The contact form bug Stephanie Galka mentioned in the comment above has been fixed.

Profile picture for Shirley See
I am trying to replace the standard picture that came with the website. How do I change it. I watched the video and checked the dashboard but all it does is change the color of the picture. I down loaded a few pics but I can't get them to go to the opening page. I'm in Pigeon Forge and the pic looks like Miami. Help please

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
Shirley - 

Have you gone to the dashboard --> Appearance --> Homepage Slideshow?

From there, you can click on "edit" on any of the home page slides and then click on the photo to upload and change the pic.

Hi Jay,

Any chance of getting a widget to enable us to place our PAW's idx feed on other sites we own?

What can you put in the "location" search bar. Cities? Townships? School districts? Addresses? 

Setting up my website and cant find how to do a map search. I can see the map, but its not searchable

Website and Zillowpress down for some time (hours). 

Website is working but still can't log in

Ok everything is back up.

I am trying to add some IDX searches to my site.  I don't have any issues with setting up general seaches filtering zip codes.

My issue is I can't produce searchs when filtering for, Rentals/Commercial, or just about any other group.  I also tried to filter by property types.  I used single words or phrases like pool, water view, beach rights.  The link below is for several zip codes, just filtering for "pool".  Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.stephaniegalka.com/idx/?idx-q-PropertyFeatures%3C0%3E=pool&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C0%3E=11901&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C1%3E=11933&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C2%3E=11931&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C3%3E=11947

Here is a link to one of many that have pools in this area:
http://www.stephaniegalka.com/idx/mls-2503570-66_foxglove_aquebogue_ny_11931

hi trying to add arbitrary html code widget, when i click save it deletes half of the code. any suggestions? thanks!!!

@Javad,
The Premier Agent Website is a template based website. It doesn't play well with custome html code. To add one our pre-made widgets go to your website dashboard>appearance>widgets.

@Stepahnie
I'm seeing MLS search results on your website. Are you still having set up issues?

@Rachel.

Thanks for taking a look.  My MLS search has been working fine.  From what I can tell the filters work fine as well.

In my previous post I left two links.  One link was generated thru the MLS search on my web site where I filtered the property feature for "pool".  Which worked as intended.

The issue however in when I try to use the  "Listings Page Builder" to generate a custom URL.  The link below was created with the "Listings Page Builder" only filtering for the property filter for "pool".  As you can see, no listings shown.

Still looking for an answer for what can you put in the "location" search bar. Cities? Townships? School districts? Addresses?  

Really curious to know if there is anyway to search by school districts.  Thanks!

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4