Profile picture for fsu08

Preparing for a Green card / home inspection from the state of NJ in Hudson county..

We are closing on a 4 unit multi family dwelling in hudson county.  While we cannot obtain green card certification for several months, we would like to list some of the major things the seller needs to update to make sure it passes (automatic door closers, peep holes etc).  This is a recently renovated building.  Anyone have a general list covering most of the major things they check for so we can add into our contract.  This is an owner occupied unit.

• May 09 2011 - Journal Square
  • 1

Profile picture for davidw1234
I am in a similar situation. First time investing in JC. Can you please send me your contact information to davidwiesel@gmail.com. I would really like to speak with you for a few minutes! Maybe we can help each other.

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers
suggest you speak to the people in Trenton. its been a while but I found them to be very helpful.
I am a little disturbed to find you are contemplating the purchase of such a property if it does not have a green card. I always advise my customers not to contemplate such a purchase unless it has a current green card. most of the state requirements are of the "quality of life" type but there are a couple of pitfalls.
By the way if the house is in Jersey city I hope you are aware of the fact that there is rent control on 4 unit houses.
Good luck