Profile picture for mpzm
  • mpzm

Previous sale information for my home is inaccurate

The last sale price listed by Zillow for my home is actually $198,000 LESS than what I actually paid. I have flagged the transaction several times, yet it has still not been corrected.

In the past, there was an asterisk (*) next to that incorrect number to indicate that at least it was not used in calculating the Zestimate. However, the asterisk has been removed. So, I presume that the erroneous number is now included in calculating the Zestimate. Why did they remove the asterisk?

Next problem -- even if Zillow were to correct the sale price, it should not be used in calculating the Zestimate. This is because I inherited a partial interest in the property and then purchased the remainder from my siblings. So the actual sale price does not reflect the full value of the property.

Yet another problem -- assessed values also play a factor in calculating the Zestimate. But does Zillow know that a substantial portion of my assessed value is a carry over from an old CA Prop 13 value? Of course not.

Get the facts straight, or stop placing a value on my property!
  • June 19 2011 - Whittier